Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
    It's been said by most people, the oddity is that i have already replaced the entire wastegate unit, however both seem to have the same or similar problem with the piston seizing.

It was very evident doing some launches, and only producing .5 bar up to ~5.5k, then suddenly producing 1.5 along with having the WGFV plumbed off.

I'll leave the decision up to Will @ VRS (nice EVO btw )

034 Motorsport sells one, same location and flanges ,and not too expesive

many,many ,almost all stock wastegates with 200K kms are worn and does not work like they should

is your S2 at Will´s garage aswell?
    did you see my red car stripped there then? i really miss it,but surely will worth at the end
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      Had similar issues with mine. Not enough clearance in the guide for when the piston expands due to heat will cause this issue.
      Yeah that was what we suspected.

Originally posted by prj View Post
      Andy, I might need to tweak your boost a little to go with the aftermarket gate if it behaves differently.

But I can do it in 2.5 weeks, so
      I can also put in my new diag routines in your ECU, and install a switch, so you can get cracking with acquiring the data stream with the raspberry pi.
      Great, that would be good cheers! I figured the map might need tweaking a little.

The new diags would be good too, can't wait to integrate them into the RPi project

I'll likely meet you in Luton on day with the car as it will only be a quick job
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
        034 Motorsport sells one, same location and flanges ,and not too expesive

many,many ,almost all stock wastegates with 200K kms are worn and does not work like they should

is your S2 at Will´s garage aswell?
        did you see my red car stripped there then? i really miss it,but surely will worth at the end
        Yeah Will mentioned the 034 one, i just told him to get whatever he thought was best. It's his area of expertise, not mine, and i guess he'll be welding it in

I saw your evo parked up in the garage yes

Comment

• I edited my post to include the data that is currently in the stream...
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Yeah saw the evo as well on friday briefly

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
              I edited my post to include the data that is currently in the stream...
              Awesome.. will be fantastic to see this all coming out in realtime (i assume you've fixed that bug now? ) and compare it to the data from Zeitronix.

It will make diagnosis and analysis a piece of piss!

Comment

• Yea, I fixed the bug with the car cutting out.
                I was overloading the ECU. Did a 180 turn and used a completely different approach, and it works well now. It needs about 4 times less CPU cycles to output the data and does not interrupt time-critical code to do it

Drove a UrS4 with a RS4 MAF for a couple days now with this constantly running and not a single hiccup.

Comment

Yeah Will mentioned the 034 one, i just told him to get whatever he thought was best. It's his area of expertise, not mine, and i guess he'll be welding it in

i should buy another wastegate like the one at 034... mine,still works holding the boost ,it came with my race engine so i dont know if it was rebuilt or how kms did before... but i think that in each good project a new or refreshed wastegate must be done

good luck with yours.Dmitri is near and if Will needs to order one to the states the time is up¡¡

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                    Yeah saw the evo as well on friday briefly
                    beers briefly?

after all the bad luck i had,at least he wanted to be stopped near VRS garage

i could not imagine what would happened if it were in the middle of France

jap car reliability started not so good..

Comment

• Yeah I called in to pick up a six speed short shift will has of mine but he was busy so headed home.

Comment

• The wastegate is a TiAL MVR watercooled

Comment

• With 4 bolt adapter to stock fitment true?

Comment

• No idea

Comment

• That's because I am buying one from urquattro-guy
                              Wastegate tial 44mm with adapter.and problems solved.

I don't need the 60 because I don't want to boost less than 2 bar anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                                That's because I am buying one from urquattro-guy
                                Wastegate tial 44mm with adapter.and problems solved.

I don't need the 60 because I don't want to boost less than 2 bar anymore
                                I would say the wastegate should always flow enough, so that boost can be lowered to spring boost. It is not a good idea to have boost creep on a car.

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                                The wastegate is a TiAL MVR watercooled
                                Not a fan of the water-cooling, but it should work fine

Comment

Working...
                                X