Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yay all good then dude

Comment

• Not too much traffic on the Ring! Nice when it's like that. How many laps have you done?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• and wasn't the weather nice!

Comment

• Thanks to Sonic for the pax lap at the Ring. Funny we should bump into each other there.

It was good to get a lap in a car with some decent power. Those R888's gripped well, and the brakes had me suspended by the seatbelt a few times.
          I always like the fact that, like me, Andy drives the Ring relaxed and up for a bit of chat as we go around. Although searching for a phone while going from the Karussell up to Hohe-Acht was a bit of an assault on the senses.

I'm so glad the car made it to the Ring and performed well, after all the troubles. I am looking forward to Andy having more time to get used to the car, then getting another ride in it.

Nice weather? If you like it 35°C. I'm not sure Andy does since his AC has been removed.

I find there seems to be less traffic on the Ring the faster you go.
          SS

Comment

• Nice video Andy, getting ready for the next trip now...?

Stu, I know what you mean with the aircon, I sometime wonder if I should have fixed mine rather than remove it a few years back
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
              Thanks to Sonic for the pax lap at the Ring. Funny we should bump into each other there.

It was good to get a lap in a car with some decent power. Those R888's gripped well, and the brakes had me suspended by the seatbelt a few times.
              I always like the fact that, like me, Andy drives the Ring relaxed and up for a bit of chat as we go around. Although searching for a phone while going from the Karussell up to Hohe-Acht was a bit of an assault on the senses.

I'm so glad the car made it to the Ring and performed well, after all the troubles. I am looking forward to Andy having more time to get used to the car, then getting another ride in it.

Nice weather? If you like it 35°C. I'm not sure Andy does since his AC has been removed.

I find there seems to be less traffic on the Ring the faster you go.

Just to confirm that it was you looking for the phone at Hohe-Act, not me whilst navigating the ring

The car was absolutely fantastic, the lack of ac not so, and although i have all the parts somewhere in my garage, i don't think i'll be re-fitting it.

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
              Nice video Andy, getting ready for the next trip now...?

Stu, I know what you mean with the aircon, I sometime wonder if I should have fixed mine rather than remove it a few years back
              I've got a track day at Oulton Park planned for November

The ring is a special place, but given the costs involved in getting there, the increased cost of laps/fuel, the fact that it's busier now with less predictable tf hours and the insurance stakes have never been higher.... i'll be complimenting my ring trips with UK track-days and doing the odd run to the ring as and when it takes my fancy and funds allow.
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Not too much traffic on the Ring! Nice when it's like that. How many laps have you done?
                Yeah it quietened off quite nicely for the last hour but was pretty busy beforehand... i only managed 9 laps in the 3 hours we were there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  Shaky video from the ring last Friday... but she sounds and runs good

You'll hear me lifting quite early and braking/cornering without to much aggression, but even then i reckon this is a sub-9 lap, just... i guess i'm getting soft in my old age!

http://youtu.be/LyFqbYphNkQ

Nice ride Andy. I see you can go 10-15 seconds faster by installing anti-lag or push that throttle earlier in the corners. It seems like you only accelerate when you are out of the corners!

Comment

• Yeah that lap wasn't massively quick and you can see i wasn't pushing it at all, that said, i was on the power pulling out of corners but it was taking a little longer than expected to spool up the turbo, something which i'll have to get used to with the car now.

Also there is a big "jump" when it hits 4krpm and goes up to 2.3bar, between 3 and 4 it sits at 1.6bar.

Comment

• That must be a great ride with so much power. I only have experienced 8.45min on the Ring in a stripped race-ready S2 with a chipped K24 setup, so this must go much faster I reckon.

Cool stuff!

Comment

• Oh yes, the fast sections from Quiddelbacher Hohe all the way down to Adenauer Forst are just epic.

Keeping it WOT down foxhole, and only breaking on the uphill section into the first left-hander is a real buzz with the combination of both power and braking ability

I was doing similar timed laps when the car was stock, but my god was i pushing it to its limits.

It now feels like it easily does a 9-minute lap, so i'd be interested to think what it can do when pushed

Comment

• Great stuff Andy, when are you going to Oulton, only up the road from me I could do with taking the coupe out for a blast
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• 9th November for a full open-pitlane day.

Comment

• cool, who is that with mate? I might get booked in
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/event_info.asp?id=443

Cheaper if you're on North Loop as well

I got a garage for another £30 also.

Comment

Working...
                                X