No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once you get it fixed, you should sense better pull as well, as 10.4 is robbing of performance. Then again, its the EGTs that need to stay low as well.

hope you find the solution soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      so what is the requested lamda then? what have you tuned it to be? 11.5?
      Maybe you would like me to upload the .bin files for the world too?
      Some of this is privileged information, and I am not going to post it open on the forum!

Considering there are 8 runs of him beating the **** out of the car going through all the gears, I'm pretty sure everything is crazy hot, there is more knock than there is during normal conditions (pulls 1, 2) and the ECU dumps fuel to drop EGT's as the per-cylinder knock threshold has been exceeded. That coupled with the MAF signal being wonky due to no dump valve is exactly what is being seen here.

Then again he can beat the **** out of his car, and nothing is going to blow up or melt...
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Dmitri, come on,
        you know as well as i do, that this is not that privileged information now. You have been posting far more important and interesting facts for years!

Besides you have already said it indirectly a few lines above, im just trying to get it straight to understand what the reasoning of the current logs are.

Reasonable explanations so far, and again Andy, hope you find the problem!

Comment

Andy, hope you find the problem!
          So do i... i cant wait to have the car running like it was when it was freshly mapped.

(I'll just try not to do a full launch whilst in reverse this time!! )
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Hahaha, like in Back to the Future II !

Comment

Hahaha, like in Back to the Future II !
              Pretty much.. flames from the tyres and all. It's absolutely brutal.

Comment

• Another thing there is, I don't see what the IAT's are doing off of these logs.
                Could be going high too with pulls to 150mph.

I always map all my customers cars safe. I might lose 10-20 hp in the process, especially on prolonged pulls, but so far nothing has been blown up, and that's worth infinitely more than 10-20 hp.

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                  I always map all my customers cars safe. I might lose 10-20 hp in the process, especially on prolonged pulls, but so far nothing has been blown up, and that's worth infinitely more than 10-20 hp.
                  Good to hear

Comment

• that is definitely the best way to map.

i would have thought that the IATs would be going high after all these pulls, i assumed as much, which also corresponds with lower timing(which of course is not logged with this gadget) and sometimes high EGTs as well. So if anything Andy you can see that the ECU is doing whatever it can to keep your engine safe. Its telling you though that there is something wrong!

Comment

• I've spent quite some time developing and adjusting all the defense mechanisms.
                      Eventually the car will basically shut down.

The mixture will level out at low 10's, the timing will level out and the EGT will level out as well. Full throttle proof.

Testing it included 4-5 minutes of constant WOT during deep night hours in Moscow...

Comment

• I'm pretty certain my boost problems are caused by the wastegate after taking it apart on the weekend and testing both the DV and WGFV independently.

The piston in the WG certainly seemed to be stuck, which fits perfectly with the different boosting problems i've experienced.

I'm going to have a new after-market one fitted this week (likely Tial or Precision) so hopefully everything works after completion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                          I'm pretty certain my boost problems are caused by the wastegate after taking it apart on the weekend and testing both the DV and WGFV independently.

The piston in the WG certainly seemed to be stuck, which fits perfectly with the different boosting problems i've experienced.

I'm going to have a new after-market one fitted this week (likely Tial or Precision) so hopefully everything works after completion!
                          i knew it

wich one will you buy that still fits in OEM location?
                          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• It's been said by most people, the oddity is that i have already replaced the entire wastegate unit, however both seem to have the same or similar problem with the piston seizing.

It was very evident doing some launches, and only producing .5 bar up to ~5.5k, then suddenly producing 1.5 along with having the WGFV plumbed off.

I'll leave the decision up to Will @ VRS (nice EVO btw )

Comment

• Had similar issues with mine. Not enough clearance in the guide for when the piston expands due to heat will cause this issue. After getting a used replacement all problems where sorted.

Comment

• Andy, I might need to tweak your boost a little to go with the aftermarket gate if it behaves differently.

But I can do it in 2.5 weeks, so
                                I can also put in my new diag routines in your ECU, and install a switch, so you can get cracking with acquiring the data stream with the raspberry pi.

Code:
                                     N75:     0.00 %
                                 N75_REQ:    18.56 %
                                     MAP:    36.08 kPa
                                 MAP_REQ:   123.92 kPa
                                  KNOCK1:     0.00 deg
                                  KNOCK2:     0.00 deg
                                  KNOCK3:     0.00 deg
                                  KNOCK4:     0.00 deg
                                  KNOCK5:     0.00 deg
                                     RPM:  1400.00 RPM
                                    LOAD:    18.00
                                   UBATT:    13.19 V
                                     IAT:    14.70 C
                                     ECT:    93.10 C
                                     TPS:     8.74 deg
                                     IGN:    22.50 deg
                                 IPW_EFF:     0.87 ms
                                    TVUB:     1.15 ms
                                 IPW_RAW:     2.02 ms
                                     VSS:    54.00 kph
                                   MAF_T:     1.00
                                   MAF_C:    59.00
                                 AFR_REQ:    14.70 AFR

Rate:    21.53 hz

Comment

Working...
                                X