No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, it is running too rich, that's why I keep saying that you have a boost leak.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• I have to say, boost check is mandatory on these cars, I was so certain I had no leaks on mine but still we found several unexpectedly when mapping. it was silly small things like a tiny leak on the back of the head (breather system), and the IM injector seats that made a huge difference and were only found with soapy water and some air pressure in the intake!

No point judging that clutch until you've got another 2-300 miles of non motorway driving on it either, it'll be like stock eventually just a bit heavier. For the time being stop being a wuss

I'm very interested to see how this compares to my car as well, with that reverse intake manifold! Top end should be similar but I'm seeing 2.2bar in teh midrange in 2nd gear upward thanks to lower compression so I'm confident of taking the Torque title
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Well you need to get up to mine Ross, to help me with that oil change and checking for leaks

I do have a fairly comprehensive catch-tank system on it now which would provide lots of places for a boost leak, as well as the car being put back together in a hurry on friday night.
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• My car leaked from the fuel rail bolts as they are (where on mine anyway) tapped all the way though in to the reverse IM and one of the threads on the vacuum nipples was leaking too.
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
            My car leaked from the fuel rail bolts as they are (where on mine anyway) tapped all the way though in to the reverse IM and one of the threads on the vacuum nipples was leaking too.
            Yeah I had the same with the nipples, they are being replaced with beefier connections

I spoke to Carson about the fuel bolts as mine weren't drilled far enough so I'm planning on use the old gas tape on the bolts and drill through so I wont have a petrol leack again

Comment

• so how do you clear out leaks of the injectors? change the seals?

Comment

• As promised here's a link to a video of the diagnostic outputs we were seeing while running the car in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0t4C1wlKU

The car definately smells like it's running seriously rich.
                Haynes Manual:As described in Chapter 7...

Translation:That'll teach you not to read through before you start, now you are looking at scarey photos of the inside of a gearbox.

Comment

• That's rich, you really don't want to be running the new engine in when it's that rich

Comment

• Cheers Andy

With 350 miles on the clock it's almost most of the way done ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                      Cheers Andy
                      No worries... I can post the others if you want but tbh it's just more of the same.
                      Haynes Manual:As described in Chapter 7...

Translation:That'll teach you not to read through before you start, now you are looking at scarey photos of the inside of a gearbox.

Comment

• 500 miles on the clock, the clutch now feels great and i've taken it up to 6krpm tonight

The stalling issue seems intermittent but does seem to be getting better, i haven't stalled it in 2 days now, but the temperature reading is still way off

The bad news is that the peak figures on the zeitronix were 9.6 AFR and 22 PSI (1.5 bar), so boost seems a little down from what i was expecting on the run-in map, not a problem as it'll be mapped correctly, but it's definitely running way to rich which you can feel when you try to push.

Not sure where to start on checking for boost leaks, but now that she's run-in i can look at getting that sorted, along with changing the filter and filling with fully syth oil.

Comment

• Uhm, it's a pretty big problem, because your car can not be mapped with boost leaks.
                          So take care of them.

The reason it is running so rich and not hitting target is the same.

And the way to check for boost leaks is to pressurize the intake while blocking off the PCV.
                          No other way.

Look, to make perfectly clear - it is not the tune that is at fault. Your car has to run perfectly (albeit with conservative boost and timing) on this tune, if it does not, then there is a problem with your car.
                          You should never see below 11 AFR at all, and boost should be at 1.8 bar.
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Completely understood Dmitri - I just need to find out where and how to fix it

Comment

• You need to stop driving it while it is this rich it really bad for a new engine

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                                Completely understood Dmitri - I just need to find out where and how to fix it
                                Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                You need to stop driving it while it is this rich it really bad for a new engine
                                yes Andy,if not you will be washing your bores¡¡

good luck and hurry up¡¡
                                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
                                X