No announcement yet.

sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand there are a few S2's in the south of the shire - including Grants old one which is now in my drive
    John

A Small Collection...

Comment

Originally posted by LYT4X View Post
      I understand there are a few S2's in the south of the shire - including Grants old one which is now in my drive
      I like your garage!

Le Mans 2012
      Nurburgring 700
      1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Cont this afternoon with removing turbo, manifold and front bumper to get in aboot the intercooler,
        everything removed without to much fuss

Got a bit of a surprise when i removed the bumper a new oil cooler bracket needed one screw holding it to the shroud any ideas if they are still avalible?

But the biggest shock of the day was I decided to have a look at the coil packs after reading fat audi 80 spark plug thread, noticed one of the ports coked up
        Plug still had a few threads to go but still made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

Comment

Got the cross member off hopefully my mate can get his mate at work to get a bloke to mod it for me
          Attached Files

Comment

some more shots.
            Attached Files

Comment

Didint get much done on the car today but got my rs2 intercooler and aby crossmember up to my mates work and he brought it back tonight finished
              Chopped original bracket off then made a right angle piece futher along welded back on.

well pleased with the result
              Attached Files

Comment

Got on good last couple of days

Manifold, turbo, wastegate back on. There is much better access refitting everything as the rs2 manifold gives you more room to get in aboot to the downpipe bolts.
                Test fitted intercooler with new bracket.
                Fitted fomoto valve and new oil filter and got the silkolene oil in
                Test fitted 996 brakes and discs.
                Attached Files

Comment

more photos
                  Attached Files

Comment

Coming along nicely
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Cheers Sonic, Been looking at exhausts mine is in poor shape not sure what to do?
                      Like the look and price of the supersprint downpipe then custom the rest

Comment

I thought I recognised those injectors!! Looking good, and where did you get that downpipe spanner from? I replaced the flexi-pipe nuts 'n bolts and cant get those back 12mm nuts to save my life

Should have got hold of an RS2 EM while the engine was out... perhaps for the future :mischeif:

Keep updating, your engine bay looks alot like mine atm!
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                          I thought I recognised those injectors!! Looking good, and where did you get that downpipe spanner from? I replaced the flexi-pipe nuts 'n bolts and cant get those back 12mm nuts to save my life

Should have got hold of an RS2 EM while the engine was out... perhaps for the future :mischeif:

Keep updating, your engine bay looks alot like mine atm!
                          Yea thanks for them
                          The spanners are from ebay for about a tenner a set just had the grind the rings a bit smaller and they work a treat.
                          Got a little facom 1/4 ratchet that was good with a extention bar for the waste gate flexi bolts got it in above downpipe then a 12mm spanner on the nuts

cheers

Comment

spanner link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-piece-S-SHAP...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

What about the clutch, flywheel en feulpump?
                              Are you gonna do that to?

Comment

Steve, I can show you my Supersprint DP if you like, but would be in a little over a week....

Le Mans 2012
                                Nurburgring 700
                                1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X