No announcement yet.

sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not updated for a while, Had a few problems with plugs and coil packs etc.
    Dont think she was 100% but pleased with the results below:

Comment

Got a new coil pack today so swapped my suspect one out and went for a run!
      The plug has changed back to a healthy colour and im very happy
      Attached Files

Comment

Result! I love it when problems are easily sorted.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Fitted Bambridge solid engine mounts today.

Had to remove the wastegate to get in to the turbo side centre bolt, but the other two were thankfully from below so oil cooler had to come off to gain access.
          Supported engine and fitted new mount.
          Noted engine is sitting higher with snub mount tight against plate and my intercooler to inlet boost pipe fits properly now
          Also found a burst hose on the cam cover breather pipe which could have been drawing in unmetered air

Passenger side was a breeze after the turbo one and on start up there is quite a lot of vibration in the cabin but as soon as you put the revs up it smooths oot.
          Got some mounts for the gearbox but think im going to get a powerflex rear diff mount and fit the solid ones on the diff first because she is a bit sloppy.

Never got time for a test run today so will have to do some tests tomorrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Went for a test run today with the new mounts its not for a daily driver!
            The exhaust note vibrates through the car and it just sounds angry all the time!
            I love it
            Replaced wee bit of hose on cam cover breather that I found damaged yesterday but got a idle problem when reving the engine, stopping at junctions etc.
            Think i will give the ISV a clean out tomorrow.

Comment

Angry eh!!!, I received my bushings from Bambridge the other day, how long did it take you to do all the mounts? did you get the gearbox ones too?

Good holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by Smith_S2 View Post
                Angry eh!!!, I received my bushings from Bambridge the other day, how long did it take you to do all the mounts? did you get the gearbox ones too?

Good holiday?
                Yea you need to get a shot and tell me what you think
                Solid mounts are making the exhaust resonate more, think it will make a big difference changing gearbox, exhaust, diff mounts tighten everything up.

Enjoyed Vegas Drinking, Gambling, and shooting automatic weapons! just like Aberdeen on a Saturday night

You doing subframes?

Comment

Just having a few days up in Glencoe, Mallaig, Fort William.
                  The roads are great fun and the solid engine mounts are no problems on a long drive
                  Love the s2 with the recaro seats, was in the car for about 4hours non stop yesterday and a good 4 hours touring today im usally dying in the A3 after 2hours.

Been trying to capture a good calender shot but car needs a good clean/polish
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you've got the first one in a decent resolution get it entererd!

I love it up that way, took the S2 up for a trip myself
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Nice pics i was at that same point back in April. That road goes upto Avimore and passed the Monarch of the Glen house.....

This is the dan too.

I'm hopefully going back up over christmas/new year or next easter. Fingers crossed.
                      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

• @sonic will get some sent to you soon

@big lee m
                        Nice pictures Had to get one at Laggan Dam, was there about ten years ago with my first S2.
                        The roads from Fort William to Mallaig are great really good condition great driving

Comment

• Been working on the the car today as was going to a rolling road this weekend.

List of jobs to complete:
                          Fit the last of the boost hoses Throttle body and MH Mod
                          Fit new Bosch plugs
                          Replace Fuel Filter
                          Change earth strap on coil cover (someone trapped it in the coil cover when changing plugs before?)

Got the two hoses done and the earth stap fitted.
                          When removing plugs found the second plug black again!?
                          I though I had cured it with fitting a new coil pack
                          Fitted new plugs and the engine idles really well so think this is some
                          kind of intermittent fault in the pos unit or wiring?

Never got the fuel filter changed but it looks pretty coroded under there and the sub frames look poor too

Comment

• how do you know which one is causing the problem? try replacing the pipes as well

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              how do you know which one is causing the problem? try replacing the pipes as well
                              Know which POS is causing the problem as no 2 plug was black and ive changed the coil pack already. see thread below:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38599

Are you talking about the fuel pipes? the banjo at one end looks a bit coroded.
                              Never went any futher as it was getting dark and I couldnt get the cover off

Comment

• no i meant the coil pipes

Comment

Working...
                                X