sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knight Rider S4 View Post
    If you are needing POS's i have a couple sitting here I can lend you to save you mucking about with plugs
    Thanks I will see how it goes tonight and let you know

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
      Winner of the day was a evo 6 with 678hp
      erm.. wasn't my big mate Donald was it? Black Evo, carbon bespoke body work, flat underside and the fastest saloon on the Scottish hills. Towed in by big 'the Vinyl Cut' van (pole dancer on the back doors)

...sounds like him.
      1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
      1987 CQ85RS
      1994 S2 Avant- Gone
      1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
      Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
      Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Comment

• Originally posted by raymor View Post
        erm.. wasn't my big mate Donald was it? Black Evo, carbon bespoke body work, flat underside and the fastest saloon on the Scottish hills. Towed in by big 'the Vinyl Cut' van (pole dancer on the back doors)

...sounds like him.
        It was a white Evo, just remember him using race fuel and a fuel tank like a 2ltr bottle of coke in the boot with a couple of fuel pumps
        Got a wee vid of it somewhere.

cheers

Comment

• Been replacing fuel lines this weekend, nothing like lying on your back sniffing vpower on a sunday afternoon
          Got all the dodgy parts replaced but didint actually find any leaks so a bit confused to where the smell of fuel was coming from.

Today i thought i would fit the fuel pump relay mod as even if i get s new fuel pump it will benefit from having a better feed.

UrS4boys guide:http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/31970.phtml

I started by removng fuel tank cover and carpets that were in the way.

checked out the wiring and had a wee peek under hatch to see what like the fuel pump change out will be.
          I had a 30amp relay and some 1.5mm singles to switch the new relay from the old pump supply and used some hefty 4mm speaker cable for the new switched supply.
          decided to leave all cables in original position to revert back if needed.

measured voltage across the pump at idle which was 13.4v
          measured at battery 14.2v
          Found a nice place to mount the relay (Red cube top corner) and soldered all conncetions on the relay tabs instead of crimps.
          Used a cable gland shroud to cover the connections on the relay and bolted the relay to to a handy fixing.

Fitted my new pump negitive cable on the bolt of the relay and routed the 4mm supply cable through to the battery.
          Still have to get a fuse holder sorted for the battery end so thought i would give it a quick check to make sure everything is ok......didint work
          soon traced my error mixed up the polarity so my pump was sucking instead of pumping

final test 14volts at pump cant be bad

Comment

• I was getting a bad petrol smell in my coupe over Christmas, couldn't find any external leaks in the lines either. Turned out to be a hairline crack in the tank right where the 3 pipe go in/out of the tank, located right under where you've put your relay. Every time I filled up the fuel was weeping down the side of the tank and into the car
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
              I was getting a bad petrol smell in my coupe over Christmas, couldn't find any external leaks in the lines either. Turned out to be a hairline crack in the tank right where the 3 pipe go in/out of the tank, located right under where you've put your relay. Every time I filled up the fuel was weeping down the side of the tank and into the car
              Will check that out but im not getting any stink in the car only on start up really,
              was thinking injector seals maybe?

Comment

• update

Got my replacement injector from MRC installed and working well,
                Good to have all cylinders firing correctly again

sooty plug story http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42922

Comment

• Been using the boost test kit today with good results, found a split in the hard plastic purple line on the bulkhead that feeds the ecu.
                  Will need to do a proper test as i didint plug the breather line due to limited time.
                  Well impressed with the kit though

Comment

• Excellent news on the injector.

If thats the ecu line with a leak you won't believe how the car runs when its fixed.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Was sure I was losing boost but never though it would be from the plastic hardlines,
                      Going to order some silicone stuff and replace all the way back to ecu as well.

Comment

• Was doing more checks for leaks, plugged the breather and checked all boost pipes. Suprising what 15psi does to the hoses during the test.
                        You can feel the pressure and you can see how easy it is to lose boost.
                        All hoses holding well, so thought I would try unplugging the MFTS.
                        Ooooh yea boost is back
                        that extra .4 puts the smile on your face

Comment

• Project Update

Got the timing belt replaced over the last couple of days.
                          Big thanks to Pete at quattro corner for speedy delivery of all the parts
                          Also to S2 centrals 'how to' guide

Right enough 1/2" breaker bar didn't stand a chance
                          Managed to get a 3/4" tee bar to get the bolt out with the aid of a pipe.
                          Job went smooth enough but bottled it a wee bit and checked it all about 20 times before I was happy.

Comment

• Been away working for 3 weeks in Invergordon as my Rig is in getting sorted before going out on contract so decided to take the s2.
                            It was the first big run after the timing belt was done and everthing is running sweet
                            Took my 3" downpipe and Scorpion boxes with me as the mech off the rig stays up there and has a 2 post lift.
                            So on a evening we stripped the old exhaust off and sized up the new one so the welder on the rig could weld it.

Picture of the rear box before cutting off the DTMs

After cutting

Doon pipe fitted

Test fit

Welding

3" to 2.5" adaptor fitted to scorpion centre box

Nice

Sounds spot on and had a great drive home
                            Last edited by sjw185; 27 October 2011, 15:45.

Comment

• Been looking over my project thread and just noticed ive not added anything to it in two years!

Within the last two years the S2 has been neglected due to building my garage and not having any time to work on it, I even had it up for sale for a while
                              Since I fitted the 3" exhaust I added a Cat for MOT last year.
                              Had a problem with 00561 fault on and off for a while now and MOT has run out.

New Plan

Refresh rear subframe and clean up for MOT
                              Fit 18" Avus Alloys I've had in the shed for too long.
                              Front subframe refresh
                              Start collecting parts for 450hp

New home for S2

Roost

Comment

• Jaysus! That's one rusty rear end!

What route are you taking to get 450? Garrett, Holset, KKK?
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X