sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
    Not sure what I will do about the BBS wheels? will see how I like the 18" first.
    Then maybe sell or keep for the track
    What have you failed with trying to find a set of RXs?
    Well no finding some BBS RXs was the easy part. I got them powder coated too dark a shade of grey - it's my own fault for being colourblind - and so they are now covered with plasti-dip which was always going to be a temporary measure but now it's starting to peel off. Plus when I got tyres sorted and was about to put them on the car I realised that they needed a set of spigot rings making. Once I've worn out the tyres and/or have some spending money I'll powder coat them again, hopefully the same colour as yours.

Comment

• Got the subframe back from the blasters, its a bit pitted in places but still plenty meat left on it!
      Coated it in blue steel then will be using POR15.

Plan is to fit solid subframe bushes.
      Banbridge poly mounts on the diff, have fitted power flex to the rear diff already.
      Been looking into RARBs but whiteline seems out of the picture at the moment?
      Have a spare S2 FARB that I might try on the back

Comment

• Great thread

Comment

• After being away got back to working on the S2
          Removing subframe bushes using the blow torch method worked a treat.
          Gave the subframe two coats of POR15.
          Refitting with solid subframe bushes, the diff has a powerflex rear mount already and added two poly mounts from Banbridge.
          Wanted to do more underneath as its quite addictive once you get started.
          Will look at doing the wishbones when I start the suspension refresh.
          The rear diff is now on the list also

Few photos

Comment

• another one

Comment

• Edit: Ignore that!

Nice update

Comment

• Nice update [/QUOTE]

Yea need to get to out for a drive and see how its all working?
                Was going to take it out tonight but decided to wait till tomorrow

Comment

• Glad the rear frame has cleaned up OK
                  You will really notice the difference with a nice tight rear end (!)
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Nice result ..surprised your subframe turned out so well keep on with the good work!

Comment

• Thanks

Want to get the front subframe done now as my gearbox mounts must be bad?
                      Running solid engine mounts at the moment.

Comment

• Need to stop spending cash and start fitting parts!

Carbon bits

Heated seat loom

Brake brackets

Comment

• Looks much better! As you say it makes you want to keep going
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Got out for a test run today and the improvement is amazing
                            Dont notice any extra noise or vibration and there was so much slop before on and off power but now its totally tight.
                            Roads were wet and felt like there was more power getting down to the road and starting to loose traction powering round corners

Comment

• Passed MOT

Finally got my car back on the road with MOT and tax today
                              Advisory on the front subframe but its on the to do list.
                              Got the Avus wheels on with new michelin pilot super sports and hopefully fit the K24R rear brake mod this weekend.
                              Was great to get out in the S2 today, forgot how much I missed it.
                              Everything working well and boosting 1.4bar

Before

After

Got the wheels cleaned with a mixture of wonder wheels and tar remover.
                              Old balancing weights sticky stuff is murder to get off

Comment

• Looking good. Those wheels are the ultimate on S2...i will have a set one day. Hope to see this again sometime soon.
                                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X