No announcement yet.

sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, checked doonpipe and torqued exhaust manifold bolts.
    Was checking flanges on startup for moisture but all ok.

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Have you leak tested the full intake path?
    Yea pressurised everything and scooted the lot with soapy bubble including moisture trap and vac hose connections.

Comment

• Nice fix on the ISV

00561 code;

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Could be MAF connector. Worth a clean, my 3b used to do the same thing. And reset itself after s rest.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24544

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• I fixed my 00561 issue with new FPR
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Changed out FPR
              went over pins on MAF with needle file and plug is in good shape.
              Ignition system is tip top so I will get another MAF to try and look in to checking fuel pressure.

Comment

• Looks like you had fun, did the car behave?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  Looks like you had fun, did the car behave?

Car was good but fitted old tyres that didn't give be much confidence.
                  Had the back end coming round to meet me a few times
                  Good learning experience though
                  Got some passenger laps in Martins 90 very impressed by the car and grip in the pouring rain

cheers

Steve

Comment

• So whats next on the mod list

Another couple of pictures;

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      So whats next on the mod list
                      Dont know how I missed this post?
                      Going to remove front subframe and refurb.
                      I have solid subframe mounts and forged arms with powerflex to fit.
                      Got some DS2500 pads to fit on the front brakes, Im thinking to replace my aging flexible lines to the front calipers with solid pipes and small flexy hose as RS2.
                      Gotta do something about my seating position, going to get a subframe knocked up to get me a lower seating position.
                      Also think im gonna launch the sunroof mechanism
                      Buy some new tyres for the RXs and get back to Knockhill
                      Last edited by sjw185; 23 March 2015, 03:24.

Comment

• Sounds like that should sharpen things up a fair bit.

RS2 solid pipes to the calipers are a pain when you want to work on stuff, I am going to switch from hardlines to flexis.

Seat down and sunroof out is the way forward! Is your car not a bit nice for ripping the sunroof out though?

You could get a cheap recaro or similar from ebay or gumtree, a bit of box section and flat bar on a spare seat subframe or make from scratch will really improve the headroom.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Was thinking to go to hard lines and a good quality short flexible line just to try and get best from my brake setup. I know they can be a pain but when i bought my long flexible lines they came without stainless steel ends so was going to change them out as they are looking a bit corroded now.

Will start with fabricating a low subframe but if I take out the sunroof I quite fancy doing a proper job with carbon roof panel that Paul s2 central was looking at.
                          Think it would look quite cool with the carbon B pillars.
                          I would then fit a new head liner and maybe flocked pillar trims for a nice finish

http://www.lwsdesign.co.uk/product.php?product_id=171
                          Attached Files

Comment

• That would be nice, would you try and get a non sunroof head liner or make one?

I did look at that carbon panel, it is a lot for glue on patch though.

Flocked trims would look tidy, Andyp sprayed his black and that was a big improvement over the stock cream.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Front Subframe Refurb

S2 Back on stands.
                              Front subframe time, Been putting it off for a while.
                              Collected a lot of parts have had forged wishbones for years.
                              Going for a clean up and paint with POR15 then solid subframe mounts and poly wishbones bushes.
                              Need to get this done before i can renew MOT.

I found removal was a lot easier that the rear subframe all bolts came out ok, wishbone and subframe bushes looked pretty bad so I'm hoping for a rear improvement.

Used the blowtorch method then pushed the centres out with the puller.
                              Used a socket to knock the sleeves out.

Some wire brushing and chipping its starting to look better.
                              Using blue steel as a primer to kill the rust.
                              Going to have a go with the wire cup next to finished it off.

Comment

• That should tighten the front end up nicely.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X