sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys,
    kinda bitten off more than I can chew but feel I am finally getting somewhere
    Got some crinkle paint to try thought this one was like a graphite colour when I bought it.
    More of a grey but really like how it turned out.

Crinkle cam cover

Comment

• Glad you got some progress made with the dual brake booster. My RS6 booster & BMC is still sitting on the shelf
      Going to get it fitted over the winter as the Mrs doesn't like to drive the coupe due to the old school brake assist.
      How is the pedal feel with the 27mm master cylinder?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Glad you got some progress made with the dual brake booster. My RS6 booster & BMC is still sitting on the shelf
        Going to get it fitted over the winter as the Mrs doesn't like to drive the coupe due to the old school brake assist.
        How is the pedal feel with the 27mm master cylinder?
        Pedal feels really solid after bleeding new fluid.
        Only had the 3b in/out the garage under vacuum once and is still on rusty disks so cant really comment on performance yet

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
          Thanks guys,
          kinda bitten off more than I can chew but feel I am finally getting somewhere
          Got some crinkle paint to try thought this one was like a graphite colour when I bought it.
          More of a grey but really like how it turned out.

Crinkle cam cover

Looks nice but after my paint peeling off within a year I decided to leave them just bare metal after sandblasting. Heat makes it bubble and crack after a while

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
            Looks nice but after my paint peeling off within a year I decided to leave them just bare metal after sandblasting. Heat makes it bubble and crack after a while
            Not so good,
            I wonder if heat treating it in the oven after the 3 coats would help cure it and help it last?

Comment

• Good to see you making progress again!

Lift is looking like a great purchase! One question, do the lift pads fit straight under the car, or do you need to go onto bits of wood first?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                Not so good,
                I wonder if heat treating it in the oven after the 3 coats would help cure it and help it last?
                Do what you must! However knowing this now I'm having mine bare alloy. I'm not sure if it would work with brake caliper paint only

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  Good to see you making progress again!

Lift is looking like a great purchase! One question, do the lift pads fit straight under the car, or do you need to go onto bits of wood first?
                  Yes lift arms go straight under and my ABY is pretty low at the moment with the KWs.
                  Only thing I find is the legs are so long to accommodate large cars I hardly use the telescope and the double sleeve catches the sill.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                    Do what you must! However knowing this now I'm having mine bare alloy. I'm not sure if it would work with brake caliper paint only
                    Just remember reading about curing it in an oven straight after applying.
                    Then after curing might not react to the heat of the cam cover so much and last longer?
                    I never did that myself just an after thought

Comment

• Try it and let us know!! I might change my mind for the future

Comment

• A nice fella on ebay sent me a downpipe without the K24 flange fitted so I could size up and attach vee band for EFR

Got the Lambda, EGT bosses and Vee Band TIG welded at mates work

The next thing was getting started on the wiring.
                        Wanted to do a complete check on all the wiring from the ECU connector so got a mate round thinking to have a few beers and get through it in a couple of hours but ended up taking all night.
                        The 3b loom had previously been changed to coil on plug and everything was looking good.
                        Needed to reconnect the power to the coils.
                        Also the Throttle, Air Temp and Cam position to extend for Wagner intake.
                        Going to be starting car on VEMS so needed to run in new wiring for Lambda and EGT gauge.

New connectors

Comment

• Some progress on the man cave.
                          Got the walls skimmed and been working fitting the flooring.
                          as2q Martin pointed out the S is not correct but still looks awesome

Had a good track day at Knockhill on Saturday.
                          Got my BBS RX done in gold for using on the track and fitted Federal 595.
                          Had a nightmare fitting my bucket seat in the ABY but after many times in and out it made a big difference on the day giving me extra clearance for wearing a lid.

Comment

• My new engine build by DNA running strong.
                            Only problem of the day was my throttle cam snapped.
                            Managed a quick fix with a tyrap I found in the car park and back out for more laps

Comment

• Man cave is looking good. Did you get a replacement throttle cam sorted too
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Yea martinjs had some in stock so got two so I can fit one to 3b also.

Comment

Working...
                                X