No announcement yet.

sjw185 aby to rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all that fun with the track car I got moving on the engine rebuild for the 95 S2
    Stripped down the cylinder head for cleaning.
    My mate got valves cleaned at his work which was a boost.
    Ground in the valves and fitted new stem seals.

head stripped.jpg

IMG_7827.JPG

After more cleaning and painting the head is back on the block.
    Did some cleaning of the inlet manifold with brass wire brush and metal polish, thought about aqua blasting or something similar but in the end just want to hear it running again.
    Installed new cam sensor, water pump, billet crank pulley and timing belt.
    Fitted all new exhaust manifold studs and installed turbo.
    With the oil circuit all completed filled with mineral oil and circulated on starter, seen about 3bar oil pressure.
    Was hoping to have it running before I went away to work over Christmas and New Year so I could of had all three audis running in 2019 but just ran out of time.

inlet manifold cleaning.jpg twa engine.jpg

Comment

• January has been good for progress on the ABY rebuild.
      Finished fitting radiator and all original cowlings for cooling, been so long since I had these on I forgot how to fit them all in place.
      After finishing the puzzle and filling with coolant, fired engine for the first time in about 18months and it ran like it had never been apart.

engine start.jpg

Left WGFV unplugged and ran on Millers CRO 10w-40 running in oil.
      Sounds quiet and smooth only issues is when up to temp and left to idle I get autocheck oil alarm coming up, oil pressure is stable when driving and 5bar when cold but just dropping below 2bar at idle.
      Also my autocheck is always showing E for fuel even with over half a tank?
      Clocked up the first 50 miles and changed the oil in filter.
      Car needed to get MOT and alignment so did the check over and replaced some tail and license plate lamps.
      Found an corroded CV clip so replaced all with new stainless ones.
      Dropped car off for MOT and what is in the car park? another green S2? anyone on here?

twin audis mot.jpg

MOT passed and 150miles on the clock I now have both coupes running together for the first time

IMG_8771.jpg

Comment

• What was the reg on that other S2?

Comment

• Awesome work getting one, let alone 2, on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by sidrick View Post
            What was the reg on that other S2?
            It was a L reg

Comment

• Might be the car that was sold a coupla yrs. ago.,from Fisherford.
              If so I've been in that car - the then owner sold me back my 7a CQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                Might be the car that was sold a coupla yrs. ago.,from Fisherford.
                If so I've been in that car - the then owner sold me back my 7a CQ.
                Yea maybe thats it, forgot there was one out in Inverurie a few years back

Comment

Working...
                X