No announcement yet.

Mr Simmonds 3B lite project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good kit! She'll be back on the road in no time!
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Yep, it's coming together quite nicely, I don't have to fabricate anything else now, just a case of bolting stuff together. Spent two hours this morning hovering up all the metal dust in my workshop so it's nice and clean for re-assembling the boost pipes etc.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Good to find that sealant now!
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Wished I had known Bambridge did the bushes for the rear tie rods would of saved myself some money I bought new ones. Be nice to see the car on the road m8.

Comment

• Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
            Wished I had known Bambridge did the bushes for the rear tie rods would of saved myself some money I bought new ones. Be nice to see the car on the road m8.

That's a PITA, new rear tie rods arn't cheap, have to say the Bambridge bushes fit really well.

I think I can safely say the old girl will be on the road next year. I could have it running and movable within a day now, however I'm going to have to wait for TPS to get me a new oil pick up rubber manifold thingy from Germany. The old one is split and decidedly tired so I don't want to risk reusing it, should have the new one within a week

The Alcon calipers are now with Jamil, he's managed to source me a genuine set of seals from Alcon for a less insane price and already has the pistons in Stainless steel, he also agree's that their worth reviving Top bloke I have to say he couldn't be more helpful!

The offending pick up manifold,

Attached Files

Comment

• Good news on the alcons! They'll be lovely when all freshened up!
              Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
              03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
              01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Good work Kit
                That same red sealant was all over that smp side extension I swapped with you, someone got a bit over zealous with that at some point in the past!
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I like your breather mod, I'm going to modify mine to pick up from the top of the cam cover rather than the rear.

Where did you get the parts from?
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                    I like your breather mod, I'm going to modify mine to pick up from the top of the cam cover rather than the rear.

Where did you get the parts from?
                    Yeah the pick at the back isn't in a great place, it must chuck oil down there under hard acceleration.

The fitting's I got from various sellers on eBay over a year ago, most them are Chinese cheapy's, whilst I wouldn't use them for a pressurised oil line I figured their overkill for a breather system. I used better quality ones for the oil cooler pipe's which I got from TorquesUK who also trade on eBay, think I got the hoses from them as well as it happen but it may have been another seller again.

I have a couple of AN 12 and AN 10 weld on Alloy outlets as well as some AN 10 fittings in garish anodised colours and 1M length of braided hose left over going spare.

Like the one on this cam cover. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67770
                    Last edited by K Simmonds; 7 October 2013, 21:14. Reason: More info

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Good work Kit
                      That same red sealant was all over that smp side extension I swapped with you, someone got a bit over zealous with that at some point in the past!
                      Yep, bloody glad I dropped the sump off now

Comment

• That sump strainer looked liked it needs a damn good clean. Not nice seeing flakes of metal in there
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Yeah it's filthy, if it wasn't so dam expensive I'd be tempted to replace the whole pick up not just the rubber bit off the end. It's soaking in a bucket of diesel along with all the sump fixings at the moment so should come out spotlessly clean. Thankfully it looks to have been doing it's job as I whipped the big end caps off quickly and the shell's are all as new which tallies with what the previous owner had said had been done.

I can't say I was pleased to see it but I'm not too concerned about the odd bit of metal, I checked with a magnet and there was very little debris knocking about in the sump other than the couple of flakes in the strainer and the dam sealant which bothers me a lot more, can lead to clogging and total blockage which appeared to be happening..

I've found sockets and Allen bit's as well as all manner of unidentified metallic object's in the sumps of cars before now
                          Last edited by K Simmonds; 8 October 2013, 20:50.

Comment

• brings back memories of when I was into 'bikes bigstyle (didn't sit in a car til I was 26, nor own one til 28!) and being wary of buying 'bikes with rebuilt engines- cos so many ****s used masses of that 'orrible sealant instead of/as well as gaskets..
                            good luck with the rest of the 'putting together again'

Comment

• I used to be into Moto cross bikes, well more enduro's to be specific, used to find the same thing back then with replacement engine's etc. I don't really get why people go mental with it, proper gaskets aren't normally that expensive and do the job properly. Though I will admit to using a tiny smear of sealant to locate some gaskets or on a slightly damaged mating face for instance.

Comment

• Had a couple of days off so sorted out all the rust on the inner wings as well the wings themselves which both needed the upper mounting cut out and welding back in, going to drill the holes once their fitted so I have the bumper for reference.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X