No announcement yet.

Mr Simmonds 3B lite project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to pick up a complete Porsche 944 S K26 #8 turbo in perfect working order other than all the exhaust studs were knackered and required carefully drilling out, still I this was the reason I got it for a good price. It's covered 114K miles, has no shaft play and a really good hot-side, there is one hair line crack on the web between the scroll but I reckon it's been there for 20+ years and is nothing to worry about. In fact I'd rather use an old housing which has seen many heat cycles as it should be more stable.

I'm going to use the hot-side, exhaust turbine and shaft to upgrade the K26/7 I got from Kibby possibly with a billet compressor wheel to boot, I shall ask Will @ VRS for advice regarding my options.

I'm planing on building the turbo myself before getting it balanced and machine work done to the housings should I use different wheels.

Attached Files
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 21 June 2016, 08:29.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Following on... here's the exhaust turbine as you can see it's in great shape.

On my way back from ATIP Scotland which was a great weekend I picked up this....

Which happens to be....

Andy10V's old bottom end which he lovingly rebuilt with forged rods and new bearings etc, it looks to be in great shape with good strong compression before he popped the head off. I'll remove the sump off and give it a quick once over but I'm sure it'll be fine....I'll then be free to attach a huge turbo.

As I was collecting that I thought I may as well purchase this as well, a crack free 3B head complete with original cams (not pictured) which Andy has done some light port work on.

Andy was also kind enough to give me a set of winter tyre's FOC which helped with keeping the engine secure in the boot of Charlie's LHD RS2, their Continentals in 195/60/15 with loads of tread. Hopefully we'll get some snow this winter so I try them out.

So a huge thanks to Andy for doing me great deal on the engine as well giving me they tyres!!!!

I'm all set now to bolt it all together and attach the biggest K26/7 I can devise, but for the time being it's back to stock...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 9 September 2016, 18:41.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• You jammie git!

Comment

• " You jammie git! " -- - - - Naw Naw ma sowell - - breed an jeelly dinna cum it - -

mair o 'honour amung Chentlemen ' cums tae mind
          02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

• Thread restored!
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
            X