No announcement yet.

S2 engine in an Edge Devil Kitcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..and once again I've picked up the gauntlet and started again....

After a LOT of things happening, I am now back in the UK and have spent the last few months slowly getting back into the project...

More to be done, presently sorting out a bodged Mototronic connector and getting to grips with the loom, before cutting and shutting it to suit the kit...!

S2 engine is still going to be the engine of choice, just with a few years on hold I need to get back into it mentally!

Comment

Looks like an interesting project, think I missed this thread first time around
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Steering wheel controls

I also have ideas for the lights/indicators/horn etc. Working control system is in the car, waiting for the loom to be completed!

Comment

really interesting project! Good work, Would a AAN inlet manifold not work better for you? Might be worth a look as your IC pipework may be easier, i dont know, could be wrong.
          Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
          03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
          01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Just checking.....

I know this isn't an S2 or anything really closely resembling one, but does anyone object to the updates being posted in this forum, the feedback could and will I'm sure be immensely useful!!!

Comment

The thread hasn't gone missing put it that way

No it's more than welcome here

Comment

once again id love one of these . interested to see how much space you got with the turbo in.

are these ****-end only?

Comment

A new manifold would change it a lot and leave a fair amount of room, the expense presently precludes it! I'll probably dive back in at the weekend and do more loom work, I'll try and get some more photos.

I've built two of these and they are great fun! The kit is from http://www.edgesportscars.co.uk/, although I've not spoken to Dev for a while, drop him a line if you're interested.

Comment

Really interesting project, should be pretty wild once up and running. Have you got a rough idea of what it will weigh when finished?
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

It was a total of 720kg plus driver when I had the NF engine in, I'm guessing it won't be a lot different with the ABY lump.

Comment

It's alive.....!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIRriNDBKI

Sorry for the really bad quality video......!

Comment

Nice,good project. Thats a clever use of the gearbox layout. Im using one as rear drive only.

Comment

Hi Dunstan, is that in a kit too?

Ps new video, listen carefully see if you can hear the BOV......

Comment

Coolent Question

So it's up and running and slowly I'm going through the loom, adding separate senders for the new dash etc, and I have come across this:

Now I'm pretty sure this is for measuring the coolent temperature for the A/C system.

There is already the multi function and the over run sensor, along with the temperature sender in the back of the block for the ECU.

When I measure the loom going to this, one of the pins (White) is ground the other seems to reach the run on relay (J155) but is not a direct link as there is resistance on the wire.

Could this be in series with a separate sender ?

Comment

Can't help with your question I'm afraid but the car looks brutal

Comment

Working...
                                X