Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G61 and G66 Knock Sensor Info

Originally posted by edge_devil View Post
    And here is the video link of me testing the knock sensors.
    http://youtu.be/dNA1y6XBGyA
    Interesting technique. Shows that there is a response to a "knock". Better than what the Bentley says:

From the C4 UrS Robert Bentley manual, pg. J28-27:

"The knock sensors cannot be checked electrically. Check DTC memory => Repair Group 01. For satisfactory function of the knock sensors, exact compliance with the tightening torque of 20 Nm (15 lb ft) is important. Check the harness connection from knock sensor to wiring harness for corrosion".

G61 and G66 Knock Sensor info

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21047.phtml

Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 July 2015, 05:08.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Although I can see the value, there is no gurantee the values are good! Remember to use AC mode, but IMHO the values show the sensor wiring and base functionality is okay.

I've just done a few runs with the VCDS lite logging and GoPro on. First run was with them connected (PDF below) the second wa s arun with the Knock sensors disconnected.

I'll analyse all of this and when the new knock sensors and V8 pencil coils arrive I can do the same runs again and judge if there is an improvement.

...and now the video link of the exhaust, does this sound right to you?

Attached Files
      Last edited by edge_devil; 11 July 2015, 15:17. Reason: Added Video link

Comment

...and now the video link of the exhaust, does this sound right to you?
        No. You have a misfire.

Comment

But only has the revs get higher right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

But only has the revs get higher right?
            Right. Idle is fine. Sounds good. Could be plugs or one of those cheap 115J coilpacks that you installed.

Comment

I've but the nice shiny new red top coils in, and it seems to be okay but it's proving a ****** to start, as in long crank time and it usually catches just as the starter motor disengages.

Ideas on a postcard pls

Comment

Problem solved and she's going like a train now

Battery isn't at its best anymore and the charge was down. A few hours on the battery charge and she started perfectly, and then a run out, full boost, full revs although if I slam the foot down she's not quite 100%. That may be a question of remapping.

Comment

Still alive...

...and almost ready to put the engine back in.

First a few updates, 0-60 is 3.7, although I'm hoping that will get better after the rebuild.

Had a bespoke Stainless exhaust made by Demand engineering in Ipswich. a modest but not overly loud tone.

Took the engine out as I wanted to do the cam belt but couldn't do it in situ because it is behind the fuel tank...

...which I also needed to get into to fix the fuel sender. Not an Audi fault, but because I shortened the float wire the terminal block joining the two pieces had shaken loose!

Once the engine was out, I started doing the cleaning bits, and ended up stripping down so that only head, block and oil pump remained...

The aluminium bits have been cleaned by CC Aqua Blasting in Great Bentley and were worth every penny.

I'm just waiting on some elusive 034 134 555's (The injector plastic inserts that always break!) I ended up blow torching them out, only one remained intact.

Once the inlet is complete I have a lightened 1-for-1 replacement flywheel from TTV racing that is 5.5kg, the original ws 31.5!!

One manifold stud broke trial fitting the manifold, so I removed it (A much easier job outside the engine bay!) and replaced all of the exhaust manifold studs.

A few photos for you all The last photo is what it looks like tightening the new crank pulley bolt to 450 NM with the correct tools, when I removed the original crank pulley the metal bit aligning it to the crank had broken off, but fortunately it hadn't moved.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X