No announcement yet.

S2 engine in an Edge Devil Kitcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever is easier, you just need to remove the head so the pressure plate will lift off, then as there is no pressure on the thread from the clamping force the remaining stud should undo.

I take it you did clean out the allen key head with a pick, and hammer in the allen key bit? Shock can also help.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by edge_devil View Post
      Andy, re the irwin tool which looks cool, do you know what size is needed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I cant remember I am afraid, you get them as a kit of 5, and can get an expansion pack of another 5.

Well worth having if you do this kind of thing.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yes a rough clean, but it's almost like the 6mm Allen key is too small, as it feels loose in the bolt. A 1/4" Allen socket is ever so slightly larger so I may give one a try.

Comment

If you have scrap sockets you could try hammering one of those over the outside, I keep a pile of imperial ones for abusing, works well as long as its a tight fit, really needs to be a smash on.

The irwin tool tightens as you turn it so its better than a socket.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

In stock at the local screw fix, might pickup the universal clutch alignment tool while I'm there...

Comment

Btw: the plastic end on the clutch slave cylinder arm is split, can I replace just that bit?

Comment

Weld a nut on the end and rattle gun.

Comment

Andy, those Irwin nut removers are the dogs wotsits, they took the bolts out no trouble.

I do now need to replace them, but at least I know the clutch is good with loads of life in it; it looks like the CRB and the slave cylinder need replacing instead!

Thanks all for the advice.

and just to repeat: THOSE IRWIN BOLT GRIPPERS ARE THE MUTTS NUTS!

Comment

Glad you are sorted, I cant live without mine now I have them.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Btw: something I did when removing the clutch plate as all the bolts were being stubborn, I removed three of them and replaced them with 40mm bolts with a nut spun onto them. I removed the other three bolts, then I could use a ring spanner to slowly remove the tension on the pressure plate.

Comment

I don't know if anyone on this thread can help, but having removed the gearbox, clutch etc, I notice a difference between my CRB and the one in the New clutch kit I received, although it was the wrong clutch kit, the CRB looked right just thicker.

My gearbox is a 5 speed from the audi 100 I originally had with the NF motor, so when I changed engine I kept the gearbox and CRB, but I don't know if I need to get and audi 100 or S2 CRB. Can anyone help?

Comment

That is absolutely mental! Love it!

Comment

i think the clutchkit depends on what flywheel you are using,single or dual mass
                            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Its a DM, the audi 100 had SM.

Comment

Photo

I'm still doing the clutch but I have a new photo I thought I'd share

http://www.russellweb.eu/stripes-2/#prettyPhoto/5/

Comment

Working...
                                X