No announcement yet.

My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X is the switched 12v that cuts out with the starter. 15 is ignition switched

Good work mate. I hated messing about with the wiring. It's not that the wiring itself has anything wrong with it, just that the harnesses don't fit... at all. Pain in the ***. I wonder if LHD has the same awful fit.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Ah didnt even consider that. 15 it is.

Yep, whats funny is that there are two clips on the fuse board box that hold the loom back , and they are nearly impossible to do up from below. I might have to lift the fuse boad again and pull the loom up from above. Bit by bit its getting there. Hopefully get the sunroof in next week, I have a new seal arriving from germany, then I can lay the dampening, the carpet, heating and dash back in.
      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• I never knew you could change the fuseboard like that by dropping it into the car, top tip!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Yes the fusebox lifts out from the top but it does require some care as you can easily break the lock tabs and there is little slack on the mess of plugs on the underside which you have to remove for the swap.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            I wonder if LHD has the same awful fit.
            Stop wondering, they are equally horrible. I really don't understand they made such a mess from it in the factory. Other German brands did better IMO.

Comment

• Little update:

Finished up the wiring under the dash, while it may not look tidy, it is to my eyes
              It was such hard work to get it to fit and tie up properly.

New drip tray for the sunroof, mine was missing and no doubt the cause of water ingress.

New ebay.de seal was fitted to the panel. Macspring mentioned that it might be a bit tight, it is but the sunroof still operates and with a bit of working I am sure it will loosen out.

You can see my red testing wires coming down on the left off the sunroof.

Sunroof in and closed.

Next up, dampening and underlay and carpet.
              Last edited by irishs2; 11 July 2017, 21:33.
              Eric

Comment

• Bet it felt good getting that wiring finished, it is an epic, pain in the *** job! So is that an OEM roof seal?
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Non oem, I am afraid.

This is the one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1511311853...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The sunroof does move a little slow, but I am operating at 11.5v instead of nearly 14v with engine running.
                  Eric

Comment

• Good to know there is a non-OEM alternative as I believe the OEM ones are NLA now
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• That OE wiring is about as tidy as it gets on a B2/B3/B4 - so much electric spaghetti
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Sound deadening and carpet time.

I used 4mm silent coat, foil backed deadening, 3mm dynaliner and 12mm dynaliner.

Template made of paper and masking tape.

After some choice locations to place the sound deadener I put down a layer of 3mm liner, also going underneath the duct.

Then 12mm was used to build up the difference between the duct and the floor.

Before

After

And carpet in.
                        Last edited by irishs2; 11 July 2017, 21:34.
                        Eric

Comment

• Eric you're almost there, you've done some amazing work and I commend you for turning this car around!
                          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Good job on the sound deadening, Its really tough to get everything to fit as the OEM felt was heat moulded into shape
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Amazing work This will be as good as new when back together.

All that wiring looks a nightmare. Must be a relief to get all that back in.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• I vote this thread for a sticky!!
                                www.quattro.ca
                                B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                                B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X