No announcement yet.

My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aint that the truth. It was difficult enough just taking it off the engine stand and getting it onto my makeshift stand to do the flywheel.

Another concern is to use the correct bolts in the right holes for the gearbox<>engine. I never took note of them.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Could have verified what's what on your Coupe ?

Check your spare Avant ?

Someone will have a photo or info on this. It is a regular obstacle to come up against.

Looking good, as ever.

Comment

• Looking super

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
          Could have verified what's what on your Coupe ?

Check your spare Avant ?

Someone will have a photo or info on this. It is a regular obstacle to come up against.

Looking good, as ever.

Thanks.... and oh my coupe

"Dont forget the dualmass gearbox spacer". I kept saying to myself over and over.

Changed the release bearing that was included in the clutch kit.

Systems are a go

"C'mon Tars"

And with a lot of struggling

Reunited for the first time in over 2 years.

Last edited by irishs2; 11 July 2017, 21:43.
          Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by Parthon View Post
            Looking super
            Thanks

Hope you're keeping well
            Eric

Comment

• All going well over here.. You have been keeping your hands and brain occupied I see.... It's getting close to finished, just please keep up the great work.... And a feel a road trip coming on

Comment

• Money shot

Getting to that stage was one of my favourite parts of the project. Hope you're enjoying it fella
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• There is still a HUGE amount of work to do but yea its exciting and I am enjoying it for sure.
                  Eric

Comment

• Mine too! I prefer putting them together that way than doing it in the car.

Revel in it Eric!

Comment

• I think so too. I have never fitted one but from watching yours and Alexs build I am copying the method.
                      Eric

Comment

• Great progress Eric. Nice photos. I had only heard about (but not seen) that spacer before. Not sure why it is needed on a B4 and not on a C4.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 20 February 2015, 23:19.
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Different flywheel on the ABY/RS2.
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            Great progress Ercu. Nice photos. I had only heard about (but not seen) that spacer before. Not sure why it is needed on a B4 and not on a C4.
                            Are you fooling us? I'm sure you know the C4 uses a thinner dual mass flywheel andtherefore not needing the spacer?

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                              Are you fooling us? I'm sure you know the C4 uses a thinner dual mass flywheel andtherefore not needing the spacer?
                              So would it be a good mod for an ABY / ADU where one didn't want the weight / inertia of dual mass flywheel, but equally didn't want a 'crudity' of 7A type flywheel ?

Just curious, as happy with my UrS6 in its standard format.

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                                Based on the number of S2s and RS2s officially imported into Canada (exactly NONE) and the number of grey market S2s and RS2s that have been imported into Canada under the 15 year rule that I have seen (0 S2s (I don't even know where any are) and 3 RS2s that I have seen (maybe 6 in Canada)) - and they were not a part), NO, I did not/do not know that the ABY/ADU dual mass flywheels are different than the C4 AAN dual mass flywheels.

I see now that the ABY/ADU flywheel is 034105266E and the AAN flywheel is 034105266C. But there is no info about thickness nor have I ever seen a posting comparing the thickness of the two different dual mass flywheels.

SO, bottomline, no, I have not trying to fool the forum. But I did learn something (and will document it somewhere - photos welcomed).
                                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                                X