No announcement yet.

The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There ya go 3 pics. 2 of it all coming together and a close up of the mocked up roller mechanish for the throttle cable I need to finish but works through the whole range
    Attached Files
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• looking awsome mate as you said build to measure

I take it your engine is run in? who is doing your mapping? are you going standalone or molested motronic?

Comment

• Well I recovered from the weekend bout of manflu so pulled a late one last night to start cracking on with the new boost run.

For the time being to get the car shaken down I'm going to be running stock management so to tidy up the array of clamps, straps, couplers and jubilee clips I decided to split the MAF and fabricate an alloy tube that could be welded into the boost run.

80mm ofcut from the intake fabrication served it's purpose well as I bored out the inside to the factory 72.22 give or take (was lazy and used a digital vernier instead of bore gauge)

Cutting the aperture by hand was a decision I sort of regretted as it was painstakingly long but I got it to the original dimensions with an interference fit with the aid of a file.

Next I received my coupling from Linder Power Systems, which was welded to the throttle body and blended

Working on the other side later today, but nifty system compromising of two o ring'd flanges sat within the screw coupling ensuring a perfect boost seal that allows small degrees of engine movement.

*note to self must clean 9months of dust of the black engine bay before taking photos
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Hahaha, from the pics mate it appears to me that you are building an Ultimate Dubs show car

Keep it up and look forward to seeing it on the road at somepoint

Comment

• Well the car is going to be on the road in March. It would've been nice to have showed it UD as it's debut however it appears they're not interested in the car as it's not scene enough. Or maybe that's a misinterpretation of mine through the distinct lack of reply from the organisers. So it looks like the boys in Belgium are going to be the first to see the car later on in March unless something changes between now and then.
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• My tall deck hta3586r dreams are being lived vicariously through you JP. I can't wait to see this on the dyno.
              1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
              2007 Infinity g35

Comment

• Where in belgium are you going with the car? Would love to see this perform in real life!

Comment

• Did you mod the throttle body?
                  Like bore it bigger, replace the butterfly valve and lose the wedge?

Comment

• Originally posted by JP View Post
                    Well the car is going to be on the road in March. It would've been nice to have showed it UD as it's debut however it appears they're not interested in the car as it's not scene enough. Or maybe that's a misinterpretation of mine through the distinct lack of reply from the organisers. So it looks like the boys in Belgium are going to be the first to see the car later on in March unless something changes between now and then.
                    UD dont want to be swatted........there loss

progress looking great JP!!

Comment

• Originally posted by URQguy View Post
                      My tall deck hta3586r dreams are
                      being lived vicariously through you JP. I can't wait to see this on the dyno.
                      Lol thankyou

Originally posted by Avantus View Post
                      Where in belgium are you going with the car? Would love to see this perform in real life!
                      Show is called Heaven on Wheels its on March 24th @
                      Cora Anderlecht
                      Olympische dreef 15, 1070 Anderlecht

Originally posted by ringbearer View Post
                      Did you mod the throttle body?
                      Like bore it bigger, replace the butterfly valve and lose the wedge?
                      Yes it was overbored to 70mm and a new butterfly made.

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                      UD dont want to be swatted........there loss

progress looking great JP!!
                      Lol cheers
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• I figured you did the TB, lord knows you've done everything else

Comment

• Cool, only 40km from here, will certainly try to come and see!

Comment

• Holy sh** I feel so inadequate, loooking superb fella. What you going to do with the fluid bottles sorry they looking a bit left out

Comment

• @ringbearer, I've done so many personal projects through the years and none of them ever 100% finished. This time round I told myself this is the final project I'm doing so I was going to do everything and do it once. Taken a lot longer than I hoped but very happy with how it's coming together

@avantus, once 100% confirmed we are going I will post it on this build thread.

@rikko. Yes I've been looking at those myself and haven't decided yet. Power steering bottle will be easy to sort. Water one haven't decided. And brake fluid maybe make a cover?

Open to suggestions from people.
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• JP, get somerhing onto you tube when it's running
                                Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

Working...
                                X