No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on the machine shop to do the honours of measuring, boring, cleaning and fitting all these goodies...
    Need to clear the garage with all these parts. 2.5 engine will go in, and 2.2 after having done about 7k Km and running great will stay out. Most recent street dyno shows its healthy even on a hot summer day so eventually depending on how things evolve the car may be sold with either one of the 2 engines.

At least I'll have some fun with the 2.5!

Comment

• I noticed from old photos that OEM pistons with SCAT rods had a total weight of 861gr vs 990gr on this new setup. I always knew that aftermarket pistons were lighter as were the rods...

Comment

• So collection of parts is complete, and block with bottom end parts are heading off to the machine shop for check and assembly.

I'm still missing the part number of the after run pump sensor that I use and is lower than the 110C but my plan is to reuse the one I have now and check the part number when the engine is off.

Comment

• good job will be waiting to see this on dyno

Comment

• Just a little upgrade to see what this engine is capable of before setting it aside on the gtx3071.

I did a couple of runs on a very mild slope. 3m downhill in a distance where I managed 2 3d gear pulls and one 4th.

The result was this :

Boost was 2.1 to 2.18 in the mid range. Seems happy!

Comment

• Hey Vas, nice numbers

The 90/75deg after-run sensor is - 281 919 521 B
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks Alex,
                I actually bought that one and the plug is different. It comes as a ev1 plug rather than the old 2 pin type.
                If that sensor is the correct one indeed I can always utilise a plug ec1 type and use it.

Comment

• Block has been prepared with mods for the rods to clear.
                  This is going to be....interesting to say the least

Comment

• What size will it be? Stock 220 block? What rods and crank?

Comment

• 220 block, 95.5 crank.
                      Rods are fcp x beam and apparently all this dremel job was to clear them hitting the block! Haha

Comment

• Wow didn't think that so mutch clearance is needed for the small block.. Will be interesting to see the progress on this engine

Comment

• Didn't think so either...

Comment

• Processing....

Comment

• wow that is one big crankshaft.. how did you sort the balancing of the shaft ? and what will be the revlimiter?

Comment

• Balancing was done in the UK with all parts included. I intend rev limiter to stay at 7k perhaps 6800 even. But we shall see. Information from across the pond says that even above 7k should be fine but my turbo runs out at 7ish so no point to stress the engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X