Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's now live on mobile.de

A very nice sorted car for anyone that just wants a car for a long time without worrying on niggles and issues!

A comprehensive list of spares is available as there is a word limit on the add

Comment

• Lovely

Good luck with the sale

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
        Off to the bins again!!
        brill matey pmsl
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

• More work being done with a few shots.

These are uploaded specifically though...[emoji12] [emoji23]

Comment

• Using the car back in the Greek roads has reminded me how unfriendly to updated suspension they are.

So I am reverting the original suspension with 2 new rear shock absorbers to put back on, while the height adjustable one will be sold along with the car.

Also I am toying with the idea of fitting a gen2 3071r turbo to get the car even closer to the original spool as it had when stock.
            So I am putting the feelers out there for an HTA 3076R turbo with 0.82ar
            No play in shaft, updated by Owen developments with a metal cage as well. Makes 480hp on my car with the 0.63ar so I bet over 500 with the 0.82.

If anyone is interested let me know. I might upgrade if I get interest on it.

Car is still for sale of course with good flexibility on the price
            Last edited by A80Avant; 30 March 2017, 16:54.

Comment

• Tiny little turbo.

Let's see what this does on an i5

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post

Tiny little turbo.

Let's see what this does on an i5

Comment

• What power output and spool are you expecting on the gen 2 3071. Should be similar to a efr 7163 maybe?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't know about the efr.
                    When I had the old gt3071 I was seeing boost figures as early as 3200rpm.
                    This on paper appears to have the benefits of a fast boosting turbo with good amounts of power making as well.
                    I do expect flutter on higher gears but thanks to hear depended boost I can sort that.

Comment

• Post the results it should be interesting.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• We replaced the suspension back to stock.
                        I have to say, the mance top mounts did not look very healthy. Uniball has been rotting slowly and the whole mount has been squashed even though it had the mount savers.

We hope that going back to stock top mounts with just the mount savers will also eliminate knocking noises which are quite often.

Will post photos of them soon

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Comment

• And it's in

Comment

• Ok I did some runs and adjustments.

Car spools about 200rpm faster and boosts higher with the current settings. I saw a 2.25bar which I must admit was fun.

Remarkably it doesn't seem to surge on higher gears either even with the small 0.63ar.

Here is a quick snapshot of a 3d. This was on a tamed 2bar tailing off after 6000rpm to 1.7bar to 6500.

Comment

• Nice!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Refitted my home made heat shield today as well but found a shop which will hopefully make a carbon one.

Also cleaned the isv again and this time used a droplet of engine oil as lubricant as wd40 seems to dry up quickly.
                                Started using the A.C here and the idle kept jumping. Now seems much better

Comment

Working...
                                X