No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any solution for the high boosting cars to avoid the top gasket from always spilling bits of oil?
    Even the 2 breather tanks setup I have doesn't seem to be adequate to keep it dry.
    Drop in gasket quality certainly doesn't help either.
    On this occasion I did use a thin layer of silicone sealant which worked for a while but now it's leaking again. Doesn't leak to do anything to the oil level of course, just enough to annoy me...[emoji35]

Comment

• Nice power graph. Have you a boost graph too out if interest

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sure I'll look on the log and make one for you

Comment

• 3d gear boost profile on the above run

Comment

• Would be nice to see the same test repeated in 6th gear to see what the boost is like when it has more time to build up.

Comment

• I can try and do 5th and 6th on short runs to see how it builds up

Comment

• Good man

Comment

• Got a shiny new idle valve which apparently is slightly different than ours. Code has been changed by audi as usual,as our own idle valve is extinct.( and I mean the original bosch, not the aftermarket crap).

Anyone else using this?

Comment

• Does it preform OK? What's the new part number?

Comment

• I quickly entered my old settings on vems and it seems to be holding on nicely. Everything works perfectly when load is in human levels. However with all electrical load active it may struggle a bit.
                      Myself being OCD I don't like dips of rpm at all, so I'm looking at upgrading my vems so that I can make use of their AC clutch connection where it allows to increase the rpm level once AC is active.

I'll be sending my ECU to Marc pretty soon to get it done.

That way I can run lower idle, even at 900rpm and still manage to cope when load is high

Comment

• 5th gear comes at about 3400 to 3500rpm 2bar. 6th starts from 3300rpm.

On another couple of runs it seems to be making about 385whp now. More may be possible but I'm just going to leave it as is

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

• That seems good response. Nice turbo choice.

Comment

• Update.

We did a nice alignment after a serious proper driver took my car for a spin for better cornering response. He thought it was a bit oversteery at the edge. The rear neuspeed strut bar must be doing a lot!

Also I have booked the car early next month for a webasto glass sunroof retrofit

Comment

• So, what is the final verdict on the turbo? Can you feel a big difference driving it and do you think it was a worthwhile upgrade?
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Well, for my car it seems to spin the turbo faster and there is practically no surge in higher gears.
                                Power delivery is similar in 3d and 4th gear, but produces a bit more power.

So as an investment with 600€ I have a new turbo, slightly more power and spool with no surge in high gears. So is say I'm happy with the choice.

For your car going from the old 3071 to this one you will see a good power improvement, no doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X