No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Becker suits these cars perfectly.
    Question: those carbon bits (ashtray, gauges & climate control) - it is real carbon or just tape ?
    At least looks a little bit different from passenger airbag cover ....

Comment

• It's real carbon made by aronmatic here in the forum.
      It doesn't have the blue wave of the original carbon trim but it's a very close match

Comment

• Heater core gone so had to go from this

To this

Fitted the door switch as well but a compromise to the aftermarket alarm had to be made as it now doesn't lock the doors. I believe I have to use the passenger side trigger to the alarm to make both work but can't be bothered now.

I also tidied up all cables and got rid of anything unnecessary. Unfortunately at the end of the day I didn't have the chance to take a photo of the end result before the dash went back on.

ABS mystery to solve now and then the car will be ready to put up for sale.

Comment

• Nice job done overhear !
          Regarding speakers in door cards.... would I find any info in such long your this thread ?

Comment

• No, as i have never touched them. They were there before I bought the car

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              Heater core gone so had to go from this

To this

Fitted the door switch as well but a compromise to the aftermarket alarm had to be made as it now doesn't lock the doors. I believe I have to use the passenger side trigger to the alarm to make both work but can't be bothered now.

I also tidied up all cables and got rid of anything unnecessary. Unfortunately at the end of the day I didn't have the chance to take a photo of the end result before the dash went back on.

ABS mystery to solve now and then the car will be ready to put up for sale.
              No.... Drivers side trigger should work fine on a LHD, thats how mines wired
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

• So yours the alarm and the door trigger works fine at the same time?
                Then some sort of glitch is.present with my Clifford alarm. To be honest I hate the guys who did the alarm as they have messed up all the cables under the tray. Took me ages to tidy up.

I could just rip it out and be done with it or fit a new one but for now I'll leave it as it is. It's still functional

Comment

• Comment

• carbon door arm rest or maybe I'm naming it wrongly .. anyhow it makes me 'wet'

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                      So yours the alarm and the door trigger works fine at the same time?
                      Then some sort of glitch is.present with my Clifford alarm. To be honest I hate the guys who did the alarm as they have messed up all the cables under the tray. Took me ages to tidy up.

I could just rip it out and be done with it or fit a new one but for now I'll leave it as it is. It's still functional
                      Yes just 2 wires one to open one to close, it piggy backs to the original alarm with auto closure of windows and all 4 doors
                      RS 2 580HP

Comment

• ABS finally sorted. One of the rings had a slight misconfiguration of the teeth due to some knock that was used to get it back on. Now everything works.

Also my diff issue turned out to be the left rear inner cv bearing which was replaced.

Starting to look as good as it drives!

Comment

• Looks stunning. I've always thought it was black for some reason ?
                          How did you tint your fogs and indicators ? ( apologies if I've missed it in the thread )
                          Gav
                          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Very nice!
                            1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Has anyone had any issues with the EV14 adaptors when having them with USCAR plugs?
                              It appears that some of my poor running issues lately are boiling down to poor connection to the injectors.

I will be replacing the cable tree with plugs to eliminate the adaptors soon with the help of Marc, but was just wondering if anyone else had similar issues

Comment

• Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
                                Looks stunning. I've always thought it was black for some reason ?
                                How did you tint your fogs and indicators ? ( apologies if I've missed it in the thread )
                                Gav
                                I did the tint with some foil that I bought online. I don't remember the make but I stole the idea from another forum member.
                                Actually I bought another set to have as spare and didn't use them. I'll try and dig it

Comment

Working...
                                X