No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I spend another 400 for a professional polish to make it a mirror finish?

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• I'm thinking strongly about it....

Comment

• I would. But leave it for a good six weeks to get as hard as it can. Even if it was baked it will still take weeks to go off entirely. Then harder the laquer the better it shines. Like a diamond...

👍
          Rob..
          94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
          87 UR 20v ABY
          97 S6 Avant
          96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
          1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Good call Rob!
            Many thanks!

I'll get it till Friday as it needs a few more bits to go on. Also the front windscreen again.
            Then back to the garage for some engine detailing rear disk renewal and wheel arches mods as the rear ones are obsolete and I have bought 2 from an A4 avant to fit instead.

Then on to my electrician to re-gas the aircon as it's been pumped too much and keeps on powering the pump all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              Shall I spend another 400 for a professional polish to make it a mirror finish?
              When you are in this deep.....
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• More pics please!
                sigpic
                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Yes it wasn't really sunny today in Athens!!! Weird. ..

Comment

• Looks great!

Have you sourced new bolts for the wheels? My brother refurbished a set of Speedline wheels once and the fake bolts were suprisingly expensive!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bonk. Wrong answer

The bolts were replaced by Brian and his patience with stainless steel ones. On this instance I didn't remove them. We powder coated them and then I used a small paint brush to paint them black as decoration.

They were absolutely fine. Original plastic ones break up.
                      Last edited by A80Avant; 18 October 2016, 20:06.

Comment

• I do remember that now! From the pictures it looks like you'd taken them out.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Yes it's a photo trick!

Comment

• So I got the car yesterday and went to put in the interior today. For a 30 min job it took 3 hours with a break of 1 hour due to a heavy cataclysmic rain that filled my garage with 15cm of water!!! Geez

Anyway I managed to finish it but couldn't take any photos of the process.

I used felt tape everywhere that was missing and although some of the plastic hanging pieces were damaged the door cards still hold on nice.

Tomorrow I'll clean the spark plugs as they got really black with the car only being turned on and off at cold starts for a month so I'm hoping to revive them with some cab cleaner.

Then off on Monday for:

Inlet manifold and top head cap paint removal
                            Wheel arches installation with hopefully a nice modification for the rear ones...

Rear discs replacement

Some engine sensor replacement and hoses adjustments.

New oil and filter

And underengine trim fitment.

After that I'll have my electrician check the aircon as I think it's been overpresurised making the ac pump work on and off way too often than expected. Also he needs to refit the heated windscreen cables, check a couple of things with the window switches and fit my last piece of the puzzle, a becker cascade pro which I found in a mint condition!!

I also have a new central switches case which will go in as well. Should he nice!

Comment

• So after a fresh tank of 100 octane..

Car is running lumpy but I changed the spark plugs to new and after a couple of heavy dips of the pedal I get the impression that it's getting better.

The brake issue is ABS related afterall as I removed the fuse of the abs unit and I got my brakes back. So I guess we need to adjust the distance of the sensors in all 4 corners to be sure they are working properly.

Finally I sourced some rear Audi 80 wheel arches and I hope we modify those to fit.

Comment

• If fuel pump inlet-outlet is plugged wrongly, will the car still work?

Comment

Working...
                                X