No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early to comment. Price is what will determine everything.

In the meantime, the new M5 couldn't brake away from me today and had to step aside for the old lady to pass. After that there was no point for more acceleration. !!

Comment

• This doesn't look right and I hope this may have been my battery drain problem. Water ingress to the central locking pump

Comment

• So engine undercover was modified and fitted. Fits nicely and costed only 40£ vs 300£ for the original rs2 one.
        Last edited by A80Avant; 29 March 2015, 15:57.

Comment

• Comment

• You have a water leak now!
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Nice car
              1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Haha. That was the old oil leak. There is nothing there now

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post

This doesn't look right and I hope this may have been my battery drain problem. Water ingress to the central locking pump
                  As the pump is always powered up that could well be the problem!

Glad it worked out well with Pete, he's very thorough

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Indeed. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

• And I can say that after 4 batteries, one battery to starter cable (OEM), a starter, and one alternator I finally managed to track down the battery issue. The above photo of the vacuum pump for the locking mechanism must have been short circuiting and making the pump work periodically making the battery go dead after 2 weeks.

Used one in good condition fitted and 2 weeks on my battery and car starts fine and I hope this must have been the issue..

I'm also sending my spare steering wheel to Germany for a new leather and flat bottom transformation. 150 euros +17 for shipping. Same for just a new dressing with leather so why not?

uploadfromtaptalk1428603407739.jpg

Comment

• Hey Vas,
                        How was the handling with the flat bottom steering wheel? I have the same idea to be done this on my spare steering wheel too.
                        Thanks mate,
                        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• It's very nice. More leg room as well but the looks are great too!

Comment

• Just a small update. The door pneumatic lock was also related to my battery drain in the end as I went down after a couple of weeks and the battery was dead again.
                            I then replaced the drivers side door lock and 3 weeks later the battery is ok. So I suggest those that do have odd battery drains that this should also be looked at.

Comment

• Just got the tracking done only to realise when I got back home that the inner boot cv on the right side has started leaking.

How big of a job is it for a garage to do and will I need tracking again?

Comment

• Not a big job

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...ot_replace.htm

Plus 6 torx/spline/allen key bolts onto the gearbox out put flange. (might need to remove the cv heat shield?)

Alignment should not be effected if done that way.

A thread discussing it
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26326
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X