X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts as they come

Hella light part number

Comment

• Fixed one bolt on the exhaust but noise still present....

Will have a look next Monday what else it could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        Hella light part number
        Thanks, I found all thread about this light
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=61541&page=2

Comment

• On Monday I'll have a check over of the bottom of the car and the power steering pump replaced.

More on the noise I'm hearing. Apparently it's not engine related. When I rev the car on standstill it's all normal.

It doesn't appear itself below 40km/h. However once I pass the 60km/h mark it becomes evident.

Today after coming back from work I could even hear it if I went to neutral as well.

This makes me think if it is wheel bearing or different related? ?

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Are the rs2 wheel bearings the same all around? I front and back similar?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Update:

Rear left bearing is knackered and getting replaced. Thanks Pete for a quick turnover of parts!

Refurbished power steering pump will go on, belt tension will be checked, plugs and compression check as well.

I ordered a complete set of rear bushings from Albert, street density for future replacement as well.

Also booked in July to replace my catalysts. Mine have done some kms already but should be sellable, made by BN pipes. I just wanted to refresh them as I prepare the car for MOT

Comment

• More parts...

Rear wheel bearing fixed and car checked up.
                Compression was 120psi on 1,2,5 cyls and 115 on 3 and 4 so I'm still ok

What I'll probably be doing is reduce the timing on 3 and 4 cyl slightly to keep those cyls more safe. That is of course downside to power but hey!

Comment

• Lower compression should mean lower peak cylinder pressures so not really necessary to reduce timing in my opinion. Of course it's not my engine though...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Compression was 120psi on 1,2,5 cyls and 115 on 3 and 4 so I'm still ok
                    What CR do you have to get those numbers?
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• 9+ to 1 why?

Comment

9+ to 1 why?
                        Standard then? Seems low. Was the test done warm or cold?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...96&postcount=2
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Cold engine, but in fairness the compression has always been an estimate rather than an absolute. Head was skimmed but also ported in the combustion area so it may be actually lower than 9.

Last rebuild was a good few years ago now, from last engine rebuilt at Brian. So car has done miles. Cant complain
                          Last edited by A80Avant; 23 April 2016, 11:56.

Comment

• Correction

This is the actual compression on cold engine

Comment

• The compression readings is fine to me.the more important thing is the differences between min and max number.
                              I have seen a lot of aan with 105psi crossing all 5 pots running without problems. Ie, no burning oil issue but those
                              Are stock and chipped car not on big turbo.
                              one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Ok I'll be reducing the cylinder timing on 4 and 3 a bit for protection. In July I'm scheduling a knock map session which will allow vems to monitor that aspect of things as well.

Still waiting for some bits and bobs and I'd say I'm covered for now. There used to be an eBay seller always offering the behr main radiator but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyone knows where I could find one?

Comment

Working...
                                X