Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
    For those LHD cars that have done the vacuum servo conversion, my hose from the power steering pump to the rack went today and I had a spare to replace.

Part number 893422893ab

Thankfully audi tradition has this in stock as well so I ordered one to replenish my spares. This part is very crucial if you don't want a noisy power steering
    Do you think the hose is more likely to go with the electric set up than with the hydro?
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Electric setup means no hydro at all, doesn't it?

By the way the above hose needs some modification to fit. Apparently the one I had already was modified. By modification I mean that the steering rack end needed a bit of bending to clear the control arm

Comment

Electric setup means no hydro at all, doesn't it?
        Not really... the hydraulic pump is replaced by an electric pump - still feeds the standard rack with ps fluid...

Just wondering if it would suffer the same as just having the vac conversion...
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Ah. I have no idea. The hose would be related to the psi the pump is delivering I suppose. Mine was already a used one due to the conversion and with the vaccum servo I still have a pump with equal pressure as the previous dual vane pump.

Comment

• Small update:
            Hose arrived from audi tradition and looks nothing like the one I have. Either something has been changed in the manufacturing part numbers or in their catalogues.

I have sent them an email and will contact them via tel. On Monday. I may send mine back so they can examine and copy it.

Comment

• Ok. Correct hose number is actually 893422893AE

now have the proper part

Comment

• Ok so another restoration time has come. The car will be going to Greece in the summer where I am scheduling a paint job, under body check and all necessary water proofing required, it seems likely to need an engine bay paint as well.

So I am collecting parts for the following:

Suspension: will be changing to a SS version of the Banbridge coil overs with a new set of springs I have made, all drop links checks and bushings, subframe galvanised and all arms removed and re-painted.

Catalyst converters: I may get 2 200 cell from AAS here to replace the current ones

External respray at the same color and hopefully replace in the future obsolete parts such as roof channels

Got gearbox mounts, engine mounts and potentially I might get a full set of rear bushings although I may not need them.

Enginewise: a good check over. I had the belts replaced recently due to an oil leak. I will be changing the power steering pump soon anyway but I'm hoping that engine won't need anything doing. I have planned a session for adjusting the knock control in a couple of months and that should be the last I tamper with vems.

Anyone that has done something similar is there anything I am missing?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• How come you taking it all the way back to Greece for the work Vas?
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• We will be relocating with the family as I had some job offers from there and I may have only one chance of trying them out for the next couple of years. I'll be working in the UK part time as well but the car won't be needed here for that amount of time.

Comment

• Headgasket set acquired. Now for the bottom end one...

I realised that I have been noticing around 2500rpm the engine noise is a BT louder than it used to be, esp almost on overrun rather than acceleration. Don't know why... maybe an exhaust inspection might be in order...

Comment

• Rear tie rods and stabilisers acquired. Engine mounts and gear box mounts as well. Ordered the bottom end gasket set from a different company because the Victor rein I'm finding now is quite expensive. Hopefully they will work.

Will take the car to the exhaust shop to see about that noise today...

Comment

• Nice engine bay there but some parts need to be changed ))))) for ideal look
                          Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                          Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                          Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Which ones?

Comment

Here is my 3d brake light. Only 2 clips are still standing!
                              what are part numbers of those things, if you know >?

Comment

• I'll have to remove it and check as I don't remember. I bought it long time ago from here

Comment

Working...
                                X