No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a massive job for sure. cracking the bolts can be the toughest part if not slready done. 2 hours id say max.

bout a grand in london 100 quid up north

Comment

• Hahaha. Better save up. I don't want to leave it long. At least all inner and outer cost 44£ which is not bad! I'll ask a local shop next week

Comment

• All injector cables done and looking good finally. I also changed the white temperature sensor as it was playing up. VEMS was showing an imbalance between 78-83C so bought a new febi one.

The rear 3d break light which was on the spoiler is officially dead. The 2 cables snapped and the guys that attached it for me didn't leave any space on the cable so the whole thing is off. I now have to fit the original one that goes inside the car.

Also here is a fellow rs2 in Putney.
        Still no one around here?uploadfromtaptalk1437075447668.jpg

Comment

• I'm in SE London...

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
            Once I get the chance to fit the new undertray I'll take some photos
            Did you get that from Audi Trad?

Comment

• Is this your car?

No I didn't get the audi tradition one. Too expensive. I bought a common audi 80 one for 40£ and modified it.

Comment

• No, I used to live in parsons green but that was before I got my RS2.

What mods did you make to the undertray? Did I miss them in this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                  not a massive job for sure. cracking the bolts can be the toughest part if not slready done. 2 hours id say max.

bout a grand in london 100 quid up north

Comment

• Originally posted by ColonialNomad View Post
                    No, I used to live in parsons green but that was before I got my RS2.

What mods did you make to the undertray? Did I miss them in this thread?
                    I made an opening similar to the original rs2 under tray for the intercooler to breathe better. Also it needed a bit of trimming of the area around the bolts to clear the exhaust. Otherwise it fits nice on the arches and the bumber. Doesn't need bolts for the bumper either

Comment

• uploadfromtaptalk1440777154764.jpg

Here is my 3d brake light. After the one on the rear air guide gave way I removed it and will use this one. Already bought smd leds and now waiting for some jpt connectors to arrive to fit. Hopefully the 2 extra screws will keep the plastic roof in place. Only 2 clips are still standing!

Comment

• All done

A couple of screws as 2 clips have been broken.

By the way, for the avant users of this 3d light, the 2 holes provided for mounting the brake light are just to screw the light on the plastic trim, not the roof of the car itself as their location is not suitable for that. However there are 2 clips for the same purpose which if not broken they hold the light nicely in place.

uploadfromtaptalk1440924625081.jpg

Comment

• Also to mention. Use leds instead of plain bulbs otherwise the dash light which checks the voltage will stay on forever and won't go to 'OK'. It's a resistance thing.

Comment

• Now running the latest vems firmware and lamda 4.9. Still don't have the time to configure knock sensing for now though. But it's an improvement!

Comment

• Hey 1.2.30 has a nicely working speed sensor! At last I'll be able to try a hear depended boost feature I always wanted! This will help with higher gear surge and lower gear increased boost needs.

Will report back soon!

Comment

• my vems with ps2 port didn't work on that function.bought the ps2 wheelspeed connector and tried to check everything but speed won't be working.
                                need some time to get it sorted then.
                                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X