No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes i have not seen any of the issues that are caused by a leaky valve.

its back top you get what you pay for.

the turboXS RFL valve for example. was ruined by cheap chinese copies. identical in look but leaky even with a stack of washers. one was 30-50 quid the real RFL was more.

GFB and turbosmart do nice diverters that can be adjusted to push less/more air to atmosphere rather than reroute.

how come with VEMS you still use diverters and not atmospheric BOV?

have a look here. http://www.blowoffvalves.com/

they tend to be rice orientated but a valves a valve. its the fitting kit.

Comment

• well i had them, and made connections for 2 of them, thats why i didnt go for a loud one

im wondering now if i should get one of the loud ones and be done with it, the problem is that i only have 25mm outlets from the tubes, and i dont know if it is enough.

what do you think?

Comment

• i have 1 valve and have seen no issues so far. its not the biggest valve either.

looks like im running into emissions issues at present. so may not make the meet. what cats you using? where from

Comment

• BN pipes, 200cpi. have never failed.

Comment

• did a few runs today with one valve only and it seems to work ok. Sounds much different than the forge unit and holds boost to the levels i have chosen, so holding boost isnt a problem.

i also saw better kpa numbers on overun as well. If it would be completelly closed under idle, and presumably vaccum conditions it would be better, but i guess that is how they work in OEM conditions as well.

anyway, one APR R1 for storage now, as ill keep it as it is atm.

Comment

• I now directed the APR R1 on the air filter, sounds less, which is good.

I also fixed my driver's seat with some tow felt rope cause the mesh underneath got torn.

Finally after discussion with AndyP, im going to try the owen developments turbo hotside heat cover, to see if there is any improved spooling of the turbo. With the current EGTs are quite low and safe so i can afford getting them a bit higher i suppose on cruise and boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                Finally after discussion with AndyP, im going to try the owen developments turbo hotside heat cover..
                Take some pics of it please, as the ones on their web is small and poor to really see any details.
                Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• i got a hotside cover in my boot. lol

never fitted it.

Comment

• ahhh should have asked first!
                    are you going to use it Garry? do you know if it will fit a garrett?

any photos of it?

Comment

• it will fit a garret. its been in my boot for 2.5 years. its a grey padded type thing with eyelets for the clips.

its for a t3.

ike this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-blanket-...item27b2f55688

Comment

• would you consider sending it to me? if so let me know soon so i can cancel the purchase!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                          Take some pics of it please, as the ones on their web is small and poor to really see any details.
                          Got mine yesterday, I'll put some pictures up tonight.
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• please do, as im having my doubts after doing some runs and fine tuning the mixtures

Comment

• Not had chance to try fitting it, but it looks well made, really thick and tough feel to it.

sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Thanks for the pic's Andy! Im just comparing the inside of the diffrent blankets that are available all around. Seems like more and more shops get them in these days.

Let us know what readings you get with and without the blanket Vasilis, keep it up doc
                                Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X