No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plugs change showed the No.3 being a bit oily, but none of the rest. Should i be worried?

Comment

• another mini update:

dash A/C bulb is burnt so replacements have been ordered and a choise of LEDs as well to see if they are worth it...

Scheduled for some things to be done in October, such as the placement of the phenolic spacer and hopefully the modification only of the IM to fit the 1.8T IAT sensor. In addition the ECU will be sent back to Marc, for upgrade to 1.1.81 and also the use of a potentiometer to anytrim boost selection. I will wire the speed sensor to see if the gear boost selection is useful.

By the end of November/beg of December i should have it all done and hopefully sorted on most areas. I have a few options regarding the idle settings and injector angle. I know that it will take time again to slowly improve on various aspects but im hoping that nothing spectacularly new will need to be done after that to need another big VEMS upgrade.

So far, with the timing increased, the car picks up nicely but i havent had the chance to check it properly in city driving, as the last tank had loads of boost driving in...We'll see as it goes.

Comment

• What is this anytrim and what does this poti do?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• when i asked the developers to reintroduce the boost offset that was apparent on 1.1.27,they said that instead of that, they have introduced this anytrim feature that you can connect an external potetiometer that works between 1-5v and is connected to the ecu, and you can manipulate (im not sure if this happens externally or through vems settings) so that you can get that feature again. So after PID is fixed and works most of the times but you dont get the boost you want, instead of tweaking DC or wastegate springs etc, you can play around with that and get to the set value.At least that is the idea!

Comment

• I took the plunge and ordered the 'cobra' like hose from 034. im going to try this way to reduce the noise from the turbo hopefully. Problem is where to put it.I may have to do some cutting away i guess. We shall see....

Comment

• cobra hose arrived. its quite big, but unfortunatelly not an easy task to fit... ill have to do some cutting here and there, and so ill keep it for future doings!

Got some great news from Marc... ECU is 99% ready!!!

cant wait to have it here to play with!

Comment

• car is at the garage for the phenolic spacer fitment and 1.8T sensor. Once the new ECU comes, i will block the old hole.

Car will receive some new shoes next week, and have the front discs checked.

Finally, good old Rob will fix me up in November to have the brakes sorted once and for all...

fingers crossed...

PS: thanks for the patience Marc....

Comment

• phenolic spacer is on.
                  a bit of throttle adjustment had to be made as it was keeping the idle high. It works quite well and in all honesty, if the wagner manifold was to be made a bit shorter, the spacer is a must.

on a hot engine my IATs after the engine was off, was going up to 60-80C same as engine's temp. Now they are staying as low as 30C!

while driving and on traffic lights there is a tiny movement.

1.8T sensor is on as well and awaits the new vems.

niiice

Comment

• so basically it stops the sensor heat soaking when still.

the air temp is still the same as before.

Comment

• yes excactly. esp on older vems versions this helps a lot!

Comment

• ill take a look at what mine is. every time i have looked i see 1 degree increments which i thought was not how ours works.

gotta say ive not really paid much notice as what ive been seeing looked ok. even when the engine is hot i only really see 30 or so ait

Comment

• not sure why it is, but i usually start to get mixture problems even from 20C IATs.i dont know why...

Comment

• first impressions are that cold weather+ spacer= IATs lower than ambient temps,even on short runs!

now i have to somehow get advantage these temps, and im thinking to get the timing adjusted a bit for the cold weather, and once it starts to get warm start taking degrees off.

had to modify the sound absorber of the hood slightly to allow for better room for the throttle cable, but all is good!

2 more weeks and the ECU should be with me!

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              first impressions are that cold weather+ spacer= IATs lower than ambient temps,even on short runs!
                              Hmm, that should be physically impossible unless you cool down the incoming airflow with a refrigerant, water, alcohol, or somehow manage to decrease the density of the air to below ambient density.
                              Check the IAT sensor and/or ambient temp sensor.
                              1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                              1994 80E Avant
                              1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

• i never trust the IAT sensor 100% but when the car is moving i suppose that the inlet temperatures are colder. The ambient sensor is not meant to be in an area that the air will be cooling it down to a great extent. It is sort of hidden.(stock position)

Comment

Working...
                                X