• Show
Clear All

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      you shut up!
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• 245x35x18 are on. We required a 3mm spacer in front and 5mm spacer at the back( 3mm at the back would have been also ok, but very very close!). As the overall diameter of the wheel/tyre is now smaller and equal to the OEM (629mm) the car feels happier on light accelerations.

Discs were left for now, and my front bushes need changing so no alingment was done.

I have a set of bushes ready so a bit more work for Rob!

Comment

• parcelforce letter arrived... next week, ill have the ECU at my hands...

Comment

• ECU is on!

back to the car for more! Hat's off to Marc again for his brilliant work getting this ecu with all the goodies i needed!

Comment

• well after a good weekend of a few runs i managed to get most of the VE tables ok.

Boost without the use of anytrim is good, not as responsive as before, but at least it reaches the target value.It also oscillates a bit so PID will be a bit of a thing to try out. Otherwise ill get the anytrim and try it out.

Idle is ok for now, but i suppose it can and will get better.

Interestingly the VE table should have been ok, but it wasnt, so most values had to be increased. Got them to a good state now, so i need to see the rest of the tables and how they come into play.

more work to be done, but overall the car is drivable!

Comment

• you are a master with the Vems Vasilis, awesome
                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• there are still lots to be done though, and i hope i get everything sorted soon!

Comment

• well, car is running,that is for sure...

boost, i hope to get it sorted with some more PID testing.. Although im not at all against thinking of a manual or external boost controller. Unfortunatelly with the upgrade, the boost features have become extremelly difficult to tune. Its ridiculus really. Im not far off, but i hate it when you can tune boost in an afternoon, and now it takes days of testing. I got more lag now!!!!

The good news is that the brake servo and the master cylinder arrived, so GT500 has work to do on saturday....

at least some things will get sorted finally!

Comment

• RS2 has it's brakes back! Thanks to GT500 for a pleasant saturday day, he managed to replace the brake servo, keeping the same master cylinder. After a few bleeds and new brake fluid, vouala! my brakes are back online!!!

many thanks for that Rob and i will be seeing you soon for the powerflex front bushes

Comment

• and yet another thankst to Rob for fitting the front powerflex bushes!!!

Comment

• Had a few issues with idling recently but thankfully with more and more tests, they are now sorted (i think)...

idle kept dipping on neutral while on the move, and i rectified it with a TPS adjustment. It appeared that the screw was ok, but the cruise control mod was applying a bit more tention to the TPS and i loosened it a bit. On top of that, the PID setting for idle was modified with less D in the equation and a few integral changes as well. Now it never dips, very rarely it may with all electrics on, and the idle speed is around 900-1000 most of the time with the spark varying from 7-12 depending on the circomstances, which makes the engine fairly quiet when on idle.

I have also noticed that on this cold weather the fuel enrichment table is a bit too aggressive adding way too much fuel on 0C MAT, so i reduced that a bit as well. (was 106 and made it 104).

I bought a manual pressure washer as i dont have the means for a proper one and i also need to get those wheels cleaned and polished again as the snow and grit are not their friends...

Comment

• Vasilis

your new Vems setup is it harder to tune than before with older versions?

good luck with it
                            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Nice to read that you got the idle sorted. I also had the same experience regarding fuel enrichment vs IAT table. I think I removed 1/3 of the enrichment, will have to do some more logging. IAT was -10 °C at full boost on a cold day!

It seems to me that the default values in that table is pretty generic/safe values. I'm learning a little every now and then with VEMS/standalone!
                              Leif-Helge
                              -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                              -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

• yes, i think so too. they are a bit crude but as everything they need to be modified and are engine depended.

Comment

Working...
                                X