No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mod to injectors. Its meant to be better to have them back further in this new position.

NB: The engine mounts have both been replaced so no slack mounts etc.........

Comment

• i have kept the original motor mounts as well, as the 034 density ones lifted the engine too high.

that photo helps a lot, so ill order the phenolic spacer from 034 then and put it in!
      thanks

vasilis

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        You can't fit one those spacers with a reverse manifold, I tried

Would need a very small one, the ones for sale are about 8mm and too think
        I remember martynf when he had one of these spacers, he tried it on the car and was experiencing problems with the earthing for the manifold, iirc its now in fitzy's garage back in the box

Comment

• im not doubting their use but personally i feel the air travels too fast into there for the heat to build significantly. ive not tested it but thats my belief.

on NA yes id think about it.

Comment

• Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
              im not doubting their use but personally i feel the air travels too fast into there for the heat to build significantly. ive not tested it but thats my belief.

on NA yes id think about it.
              If the car stationary or moving at low speeds the temp in the manifold goes up a lot on a warm engine.

You can see it in a VEMS log or an aftermarket ecu log

As said though tried to fit one on my car and terrybullwons car both with reverse IM's and it put them too close to the bonnet

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                If the car stationary or moving at low speeds the temp in the manifold goes up a lot on a warm engine.

You can see it in a VEMS log or an aftermarket ecu log

As said though tried to fit one on my car and terrybullwons car both with reverse IM's and it put them too close to the bonnet
                For me the spacer also did not fit in combination with the reverse IM and 034MS SD motor mounts. I was able to sell it

Comment

• i have OEM motor mounts and not a stroker, so i hope i will be able to fit it in. I ordered it from 034.

My problem is apparent as jamo suggests, on traffic, very low speeds and when firing the engine after a drive from stationary. Temps for example from 13C climb to 40-60deg. on off engine, and drop to 28-30 on slow speeds before going on to motorway to bring them down thereafter.Also on long motorway cruises switching to city traffic, temps climb very easily. I wasnt aware of this with VEMS and the OEM inlet, so i believe that it could be beneficial to some extent with this setup

Comment

• whats the issue with those ait when idle or low cruise. will get that. the velocity of the air is too slow for the IC to work and slow enough to take on heat.

if you think thats bad. try a corrado G60.

as with lots in life its about balance and also just as important cost-benifit analysis

Comment

• well almost 60 quid is not that bad for this.

Comment

• within the budget limits! haha

Comment

• a bit of work done. I resprayed the inner and outer areas of this metal tube as my mechanic back home always uses metal ends to make a lip for better hose fitment. That however means that these metal areas dont like the water injection!. So i removed the small surface rust that was building up and put it back together.!
                          I reinstated the second APR R1 for now as it seems to keep idle a bit better as well(or so i think. need more testing on this).

Comment

• small update.

brake fluid flushed, new proper DOT 5.1 used thanks to Oilman, and my brakes appear to be working properly again. I also have loads of pressure left on the bomb(new thanks to Paul) so i feel a lot better now.

Also managed to improve the timing on all cruising speeds and up to 170kpa to try and see if i get any better fuel economy. Car feels more agile down low. I must have been using way too safe timing. Also managed to review some old motronic logs i had done with vagcom which showed that the narrowband had registered some 1.10 to 1.16 values as well during cruising. Interesting info!

anyway, next things on the diary are to fit the phenolic spacer and the 1.8T IAT sensor, to then wait for the firmware upgrade to 1.1.81. Im hoping that i wont have to play around too much... Counting on A4Quattro as always who delivers 100%

Comment

• Good to catch up with you and your good lady today Vas.
                              That is one rapid car
                              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• thanks!

i have to say that being driven on an RS4 though is truly a very nice piece of machinery! Differently beautifull!

Comment

Working...
                                X