X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely now take the car for a drive!!

Comment

quick drive...
      sound has been reduced, now only starts to whistle above 100kpa( 0 bar) and only on boost it will give a whistling sound, which is acceptable by my standards. So the ring works. Different kinds of filters will play a role, but for me its done.

1.5bar 3d gear @ 4000rpm. Not bad at all.. I suppose if i ask from vems 2bar at point, it might bring the overall curve faster,but that remains to be seen... EGT @ 0.80 5800rpm 815 (sensor is on the EM collector).. i think it looks good there.
      Last edited by A80Avant; 8 May 2010, 16:54.

Comment

So is there any difference in how the turbo pulls / feels now the ring is fitted?

Comment

i cannot spot any difference. I dont think it adds to spooling at all. Pretty much the same.

Comment

engine as it stands:

filter:

downpipe:

Comment

What is the air filter part number Vas? Looks interesting

Comment

aaahh.. keep forgeting that. ill try and search through the emails.

i do believe it is of lower quality than the large AEM, and the HKS, but i dont mind. Its better filtering than the HKS.

Comment

4th gear overboost of 1.68bar @ 3968rpm! not bad!

Last edited by A80Avant; 9 May 2010, 12:13.

Comment

By the way, for people wanting to use VEMS to control boost with the 034 stiff spring (1.9bar) and heavy duty N75, by using reference of the valve 3/5 rather than 4/5 and a few more tweaks it works accuratelly

Comment

• link to KN filter:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=RX-4130-1

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• looks a little restrictive that filter Vas. looks may be decieving.

mines a unifilter.

space is of premium down there.

whats the narrowband still in there for?

Comment

• removed it now. I kept the hole cause i read somewhere that later versions of vems, could operate both sensors, so could have better lamda control in mid range for economy

by the way im at about 1.09 lamda from 2000-3000 on vaccum and its ok!

the filter is definitelly restrictive but i have no space to fit something bigger at an angle, unless i cut the inner fender

Comment

• i feel the bigger turbos flow hels with AFR at low rpm/pressure.

the angles are an issue on bigger turbos. id have thought you hjad more room than me off the turbo as the tubular pushed the turbo further forward.

Comment

• i can fit a 90deg elbow if needed,but i need to cut the area to pass it below, and then see where to take it. I still have all the A/C equip there so its difficult to pass it through.Also my oil cooler sits at that space below the right side of the bumper which means that if im lucky it might pass through behind it.Hot air though then...

Comment

Working...
                                X