No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at your splitter on saturday when i saw you. It looks really nice think i'm going to get one this weekend, for the sake of £18 from the dealers i'm going to try it. Nice write up fella,car must go like stink now? Have you noticed a difference with the reverse inlet manifold?
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

i must say that if the expected spool of the 3076 was about 4000rpm on 3d gear, i get it a bit sooner than that.If the 70mm TB along with the reverse inlet is the cause of it... i dont know. However the SQ manifold will spoil that a bit. I bet the RS2 EVO or the OEM rs2 EM could do a bit better with spooling i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        i must say that if the expected spool of the 3076 was about 4000rpm on 3d gear, i get it a bit sooner than that.
        You mean full boost right before 4000 rpm? How much boost are you running on the 3076?
        Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

no, not full boost atm, about 1.4bar is max i have taken it so far, but it goes quite fast after 1bar anyway.So i believe i should have 2 bar in the vicinity of 4000rpm which is the goal.

4th gear should have everything much sooner though

Comment

Nice write up, notice the mesh looks like RS4 mesh, what mods are required to fit the splitter?

The 3076r is a great turbo, be interesting to see how the .82 peforms on your engine, only AndersS2 I know who ran that hotside on a 2.2 with others going for the .63 for a quicker spool at expense of hitting 500 bhp

Get yourself on 1.1.70, best version I've used so far, infact the best thing i've done recently is change all the rpm break points and then use megalogviewer to retune the VE car is very smooth now

Comment

BTW how much did Rob charge for the bumper repair out of interest?

Comment

Good news that Jamo. It appears that most people are using 1.1.70 although 1.1.75 is already out. I havent beem following all the changes that have occured in these versions so i dont know what is going on. Got a base map from Marc today and been transfering info on it. I will have the car fully mapped though before going to the later versions.

I thought Anders only had the car running up to 1.4bar on the 3076R.no more than that.

I based my assumptions to get this turbo on Aronmatic's setup and communication since he was using SQ EM and reverse manifold(as am i) but i dont have the different cam setup he had.
                Im hoping that the ADU cams will help towards faster spool though.

The car feels strong from early on, and that is what i was looking for. The good thing with all this,is that in case i want something that spools faster, its easy to change to the 0.63AR later on. So i think this turbo is a sticky!

Comment

ok, sounds nice. Would be great if you got a little clip of it boosting. Need some inspiration until my own is boosting.
                  Do I understand you correct when you say you will be running 2 bar boost in the end?
                  Won't that shorten the turbolife quite much than running it on ex. 1,6-1,8 bar?

sigpic

Comment

Rob charges with the time spent. I was about 10 hours at his father's place so i payed a total amount for all the work done.

Highly recommended as always and a great guy!

Comment

Im not aware of the turbo being off it's map when boosted on 2bar. I doubt that it will hold till the red line or at least my setup wont allow it, as i still have 70mm catback and 2 cats. So i presume i may be able to hold 1.8 to the redline, but i might give it some overboost there!! hehe

the clutch should hold according to Marc!

Comment

I was talking to one of our german friends on here and he backed the boost down 1.6-1.8 on the 3076r to make the car more transition driveable, at 2 bar it was a bit stop start in power delivery.

Yes, 1.174 has been officially released hurrah http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...irmwareChanges I was going to upgrade to it tonight but might wait for the 1.1.75 and the new vemstune, don't know yet

Once you get above version 1.1.65 upgrading the versions to 1.1.6x or 1.1.7x is really pain free

Comment

thats another good thing to know!

as for on/off transition i must say that with the versatility vems provides, you can easily specify boost with TPS and have anything you like. On my trip back to Greece, i never had to boost more than 1.4bar to overtake someone on the motorways and i only did that with partial throttle responce, making it really easy to control. I havent played around with those settings yet and i had some quite aggressive figures there to try and make the holset wake up a bit... but it seemed it liked more ALS working permanently or something!! haha

Comment

ok, we'll see then. Good to know your happy with the new hairdryer then
                            And yes I only ran it on 1,4 bar when my car was operational (a long time ago ..in a galaxy far.. )
                            but I wont push more than 1,8 when mine is done. Maybe 2 bar if it get replaced by a PT or CT

I know of it beeing capable to push 2,1/ 2,2 bar producing 600+ @ crank on a 2,2 also. The force is till strong by that one.
                            Last edited by AndersS2; 5 May 2010, 21:22.

sigpic

Comment

yes indeed, but that would imply getting an engine made like Jeffer did. Cams, head porting etc etc can get you into higher figures.

If the new audi account ever gets to a decent amount for a 7A head to be bought and ported, then ill go for it.. But now, if i am facing possible brake pump replacement or other costly things.. id be happy with 450-480.

425(even by my PB measurements) was brilliant result as an everyday car. I had the choise to put back the old turbo as well. Decided to go for what i thought was the best compromise!

Comment

Great thread and so so true...

My engine was built to withstand a lot more power but torque is what i wanted, in truth i dont really care what HP i have i want it drivable and very strong low down, gearbox breaking even...

Glad you have settled on a particular set up...

Comment

Working...
                                X