Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the splitter

you need some cutting here and there to match the curve of the rs2 bumper and then it needs holes on each area of the original clip inserts the splitter has so that it actually bolts on the bumper itself.
    yes the rs2 bumper has multiple holes underneath now to accomodate for all the splitter bolts...

Comment

the "i know this could spool quicker" syndrome.

glad the 3076 is a good choice.

so what did you do with the holset? i thought that waqs the holy grail for you.

Comment

I sold it.

I didnt have the patience to try other things on it, like buy a K26 and modify it, or order a .55 mithusishi turbine housing to try out(different flanges, more £££ on downpipe adaptors etc...

Dont get me wrong, i tried the holset up to 1.7bar. It pulls much stronger than anything i have tried and it does so until the end of the rev range without stopping. Its the car's character that changed that made me go back to the trusted solution. Made me realise that in the end, i dont need or wont be going to 600hp anyway, so would be better with a smaller/faster mid range turbo instead.

The other solution instead of the 3076 was to go for a HX35 or HX35/40 hybrid. Again, cheaper turbo, as efficient as the garretts, BUT more difficult to match turbine housings that would work easy to mount on. HX35 should spool as the 3076 and possibly with the HXsuper40 compressor side would make even more than 550hp. Didnt want to go through the search of correct parts and also be the one who will 'try it' for the first time, in view of my choises so far. Which is why again went for the trusted solution.

If this car was the second non everyday use car, then i would probably have the time and patience to try these things.But i need it for my everyday commute, so...there you go

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
          I was looking at your splitter on saturday when i saw you. It looks really nice think i'm going to get one this weekend, for the sake of £18 from the dealers i'm going to try it. Nice write up fella,car must go like stink now? Have you noticed a difference with the reverse inlet manifold?
          Do you know the dealer part number or what year cupra R it comes from?

Comment

I think its seat leon 99-2000 model. Ebay has them i think.
            i dont have the part number with me atm

Comment

whats that mitsu housing.

is it an 18G of a tdo6?

Comment

just ordered a part for the ported shroud from turbodynamics to cover the shroud.Hopefully it will reduce some of the noise...We'll see...

Comment

0.55AR 6+bolt config.

http://www.timsturbos.com/SSTurbine_..._4~5_bolt.html

Comment

it may just be the fact you are playing with a big boys turbo nov VAS.

the noise is part and parcel of it. the noise started to come around 1.3bar for me.

Comment

Good luck holding off the upgrades any more! Many have tried...

That turbo noise can be deafening, luckily something I've only heard on cars at a RR day rather than my own but it's piercing!

Seems to be more and more people going 3076 on the 2.2 and getting decent results! Enjoy!
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

yes, i believe you are right Gary,
                        Tried it and didnt like it!!! hahaha

Comment

well you gotta try these things.

it really does enthasise the fact that turbos are about compromise doesn't it.
                          big top end power and the cars with all the weight feel lardy. small unit and they feel too factory and premature.

supppose thats where the £££$$$£££ of proper engines goes to get the most from a smaller unit.

mines not a daily driver now so i can handle and like the pops and farts and whoosh of it all. people love the noise if you dont have to live with it day-in, day-out.

the bmw is like a library in comparison.

Comment

It's from a 2002 Leon Cupre R, I've fitter one to my mates S4 and one to our lass's TT. Dead easy to fit and cheap. If you ask for a Leon Cupra R splitter they will know what you want, they have been fitted to many a car and at £18 its worth a try, well that's how much they were last year.
                            Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

lets hope they dont do what they did with the brembo. double price overnight due to amount sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
                                It's from a 2002 Leon Cupre R, I've fitter one to my mates S4 and one to our lass's TT. Dead easy to fit and cheap. If you ask for a Leon Cupra R splitter they will know what you want, they have been fitted to many a car and at £18 its worth a try, well that's how much they were last year.
                                Going for £30 on ebay, so dealer is cheaper? erm have to find a seat dealer!

Comment

Working...
                                X