No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some small update.making the heat shield look presentable!

Last edited by A80Avant; 12 June 2010, 17:39.

Comment

• vems does fit in the original motronic position once the metal hook is removed. I tidied a bit in there today.

expect a carbon air guide for the radiator soon as well as some new goodies from marc as spare parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        vems does fit in the original motronic position once the metal hook is removed. I tidied a bit in there today.

expect a carbon air guide for the radiator soon as well as some new goodies from marc as spare parts.
        more parts and only for take them as spare??
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• here is the carbon air guide i got from germany(ebay) slightly modified to fit. I think its a very good piece.

Comment

• about 13l/100kms mixed nowdays and ill try something leaner to see if the engine can handle it. (thats around 21.7mph to the gallon)

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              about 13l/100kms mixed nowdays and ill try something leaner to see if the engine can handle it. (thats around 21.7mph to the gallon)
              13 liters / 100kms are so much for go only cruising without use your big turbo true??

what size of wheels are u using? and wich it is the full weigh of your avant??

leaner mixture will increase the exhaust temps true??
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• thats mixed, which means movement in the city/short distances as well as motorway cruising. When moving short distances and on lower gears, you get more fuel consuption,and one of the reasons is the continuous accel enrichment engagement. Cruising only on motorways, should give me less than that.

leaner will give more EGTs but im still well within limits.

Comment

• replacement WI pump should be here tomorrow,so installation in the weekend is likely.

Unfortunatelly i feel like looking towards the bomb replacement afterall, since the pedal still feels vague and spongy. Also the pedal goes hard after 5-6 presses on off engine... I hope the new bomb will work. need to send this one to Paul for a check...

Comment

• Well, the steering box gaiter was installed as well as the new WI pump after quite a few hours of work... Pump was checked for good operation as well as the injector, so all that remains now is to see it in action...

Comment

• As mixture is becoming a tad richer than i want, i have retuned the WI not to reach max water/meth spray on 2bar, so that everything stays within limits and the IATs just stay stable on the runs.

I have acquired some APR R1s as well in exhange for my forge units. Nothing wrong with the forge 006, but i wanted to try the APR ones as well to see the differences. Will post some photos once i receive them.

Comment

• APRs should be here in a couple of days for fitment.

Managed a 10.6lit/100kms (26.6miles to gallon) on motorway(mainly) runs this weekend. Not bad at all! running mostly at 75-80mph

Comment

• on cruise you wont see too bad an increase in egt. its timing based really there. the limits are not defined. poor running/damage are the limiting factors. hotter also means velocity and velocity helps performance.

what happens is the smoothness goes a little and it may sound on the edge of misfire. i see around 30mpg on the motorway. did you check tyre pressures on the runs to ensure its the same.

id swap those forge/baileys for real valves. gotta be leaking boost at those pressures.

Comment

• egts are still ok and i have decreased the timing as well.i had 3 more people in the car,and the rs2 is heavier as well.i have played a lot with mixtures now amd i think im at the limit of the car feeling normal at all times.within the city i get around 13l/100, so i am basically around stock levels.

apr r1 are supposed to be very good.ill see if there is a difference

Comment

• i also had bad wheel balancing on that weekend run, which i fixed today. tyre pressure of abour 32-34psi

Comment

• Vas, this was a very good thread to read, for me it reads like the closing chapter of a book without reading the other 10 earlier chapters. I'm at a crossroads whether to start one of these high power projects; its good to see that you are satisfied with the results. Does vems require any special training or did you learn it yourself by carefully adjusting a base map?

, I bet your car creates some surprises for other drivers on the motorway!!
                                Shane

Comment

Working...
                                X