No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably not just being extra cautious i guess, and the fact that the amount i bought was plenty!!! hahaha

Comment

• but do you find a benifit.

i rememebr a few years back a guy pretty well up on thr subarus at the time made 530hp or so on a block modified impreza with a bigger turbo bout 2 bar. he had this stuff wrapped around all things fuel and said it made a noticable difference to fuel temps and therefore ongoing performance.

it looked a bit like a smashed up easter egg still in the wrapper but it worked. just thought id ask your motives an results. its not cheap stuff.

Comment

• i only wanted to cover the fuel hoses from any possible heat sources actually. The bottom of the turbo has the original heat shield covering the chassis and the A/C hose is already wrapped by the original equip. So i thought of covereing those as well since everything is out on the open. These things do work, but i dont think with the use that i do to the car would make a big difference.
        I would like to have a fuel cooler, that would be interesting !!

Comment

• Fitted the Turbo Dynamics inlet ring to my 3076 tonight and I'm extremely pleased with the reduced wine. No negative impact on performance either. Almost seems a little bit faster now

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          i cannot spot any difference. I dont think it adds to spooling at all. Pretty much the same.

Comment

• thats good to know! personally i couldnt spot any real gains,other than reduced noise

Comment

• I ordeded mine Monday should arrive tomorrow I hope

Comment

• jamo, do you have a larger throttle body?(70mm)?

what are your accel enrichments like?

Comment

• I considered getting a larger one but then it makes the power delivery more peaky with lower throttle angles and when combined with the uprated clutch it just would have been a chore to drive the car in the city.

My enrichments are the weakest part of my map at the moment, the fuel film options do help in the higher versions but I've tried a few suggest options and I'm going to try the ones from Mattias config on the vems forum and tune from there. Pnanassay has also sent me some advice so it's a case of spending some time playing with the settings one weekend

Comment

• i had a bad case of cough in cold engine today and although my enrich were a bit higher than others with the dekas, it looked like it was getting too lean.
                    now, took everything higher and on warm engine, it still gets lean for msecs but it does not misbehave. I need to see if the cold engine reacts better now...

Comment

• When are you upgrading to the newer version? 1.1.70 or 1.1.74?

Comment

• i need to first tune the car to my liking on 1.1.27

then i will go for probably the most stable one,unless i wait a while for something even more stable. i dont know...

im a bit scared to upgrade on my own now! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                          http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/cgi-b...SS=901777-0012

this link should work

when i emailed them, this is what they suggested.Its a part similar to what holsets use for the same reason.I dont think it would eliminate it completelly, but any would be nice.

they make it themselves and it comes with screws to go to the holes found on the compressor housing 4inch housing.

The whistle is annoying yes...
                          Does it 100% come with screws?

Comment

• Yes x3 1cm long grub screws

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            Does it 100% come with screws?

Comment

• Originally posted by epic View Post
                              Yes x3 1cm long grub screws
                              I'm on the phone to Turbo Dynamics!

Edit: Sorted screws in the post, if anyone else orders this part check when you receive it to see if the screws are present!
                              Last edited by Jamo; 12 May 2010, 14:28.

Comment

• some adjustments here/there, its better now on cold running engine...

Comment

Working...
                                X