Comment

• best upgrade of all...
      red 'quattro' sticker.

now goes with the red/blue colours of the rs2! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        yesterday...

today...

15% transmition losses on both graphs and all airdrag/wheel drag has been added in. It looked like i had a bit of early knock on the yesterday run, boost profile didnt change much possibly 0.5bar at most.

These are 4th gear runs
        Quite a torque curve there, where the hell are you tuning that allows you to run up to 2 bar on the road

Comment

• where else? a private road

Comment

• i run 2 bar on the road too.

i dont like NM. im a lbsft man. i prefer graphs that cross at 5252

looks good though. how you doing those graphs.

that turbos looking similar to mine now. but it spools faster boo

Comment

• im not an excel wiz so i havent looked into getting a second bar on the right for torque, so that it would look like a proper graph.However, you are right, if i dial in the lbft equivalent, it should look more dyno sheet like! will do that!

Comment

• me neither. i leave excel to the accountants.

tbh i cant get my head around NM. suppose if your from europe its normal. last time i did NM was a level physics.

i have a gtech pro. never used it. it seemd to struggle with the coming on boost bit. not sure if the boost controller or defi alarms annoyed it.

Comment

• perfomance box is dead easy. you just plug it in.,it records, then you plug it out and look at the results!

you need the excel though cause you get the graph made,otherwise you will just see acceleration lines and that is it!

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                    im not an excel wiz so i havent looked into getting a second bar on the right for torque, so that it would look like a proper graph.However, you are right, if i dial in the lbft equivalent, it should look more dyno sheet like! will do that!
                    Please leave in Nm, as the rest of the world knows that measure

Comment

• it would be totally wrong if as a typical englishman we were not ignorant of other languages.

you may be forgetting the states there too. pretty sure they dont do newtons nadgers.

Comment

• it appears that my water/meth injection pump is experiencing problems. Basically after rebuild of the engine it hasnt really worked at all! I just noticed that today after a few tests and realised there is no water coming out of the pump... I need to test it and possibly replace it.

That means that i had 35C at the top end of IATs after 5th or 4th gear pulls on outside temp of 13-15C. That is not bad at all. With the WI it should give me even safer iats!

oh well... need to go on looking in the afternoon...

Comment

• Placed an order for a 220psi pump which will allow for more flow from the injector(normal pump is 150psi).

I managed to make any necessary alterations to the tables and accel enrichment to make the car respond and react better on cold/warm engine and im happier with the results. Now the only thing that remains is to switch to newer firmwares, recheck timing and make any adjustments necessary so that i can resolve some issues that cannot be done through 1.1.27.(minor yet present).

Comment

• oh and as requested...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1274291250
                            Last edited by A80Avant; 19 May 2010, 18:47.

Comment

• yes indeed and also the peak torque can go higher if i take it to 2.2 or 2.3bar which this turbo can do and is within normal limits, but it wouldnt make huge difference and it would put more stress on the moving parts i guess.

now i have managed to take it up to 2-2.05bar steady on most of the rpms, and 1.9 to the red line, and everything is spot on. makes me smile!

Comment

• I managed to achieve 23miles to the gallon (12.3l/100km) on a mixted run which involved traffic+motorway cruise of mean speed 80-85mph along with a few boost ON action. I would think that it is acceptable,but im hoping for more with the new firmwares as more things can be individually handled.

Strobe light now at hand and operative, im expecting a nice new version to upload to vems and hopefully it will work...

Comment

Working...
                                X