No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its chasing the grail a perfect map Vas. the stock audi map is far from perfect and i imagine a lot of time was put into that.

nothing wrong with wanting it better.

firmware can be a pig. if its not broke though no need to fix really. ive been on 1.1.23 for 3 years nearly. i will upgrade. i want to learn vemstune first. its be an after glasonbury thing. maybe for the come-down days the following week.

Comment

• Personally, with all that i have been through, id rather be with someone that has done it already, or even get it shipped back to marc and put the firmware/test it etc. With what Bram has been through trying to upgrade, with all the different setups and new features trying to get tuned in, its going to be like putting a whole new ECU to the car.

Yesterday i had a bit of progress. i had a note from marc saying that using the 70mm TB will make things quite upset as far as accel enrichments, so after increasing the cold factors, i hope it will react better. it did yesterday and hope it stays like that.

Comment

• yes thats correct on accel.

i have a 75mm miustang body here. whats happens is that only tiny changes on the pedal are big vac changes. juice bills go up.

you need to be easy on the gas pedal on cruise. in general you need ot increase the enrichment levels as the added air will lean it when you go on throttle ove rthe smaller body.

Comment

• i see..

what are your values gary?

Comment

• not sure off top of my head. i use the stock TB at present.

for daily use the bigger ones are not economical. im sure the stock is good for 500hp or so anyway. also helps with air velocity.

try adding a little. just dont compensate for holes in the map with accel.

the way it works is as you open the throttle the engine immediately sees an increase in air and a decrease in VAC. that increase means af drops off at that point. it can create a stumble or just a poorer running state for a few seconds.

accel is to fill that gap. to keep the engine happy. or thats the way i see it.

if it feels right often it is. add little bits. expect accel to need more ms at the lower rpm points. areas of vacum. too much it will bog a bit. too little itll have that lean feel for a second or 2 until it catches up.

think maybe 1.1.23 has less features on accel than 1.1.27

Comment

• i think it is the same. 1.1.44 had more features

Comment

• ill try to dig out the setting later. hard to know how accurate they are though for you.

i find the general rule is highest figures at the low rpm side.

Comment

• you dont have the chance to do that in our firmware. It only goes with throttle responce.(velocity)

i think it should be working ok now, i just want to see the trend!

Comment

• well, was impatient as always...

managed to get 1.9bar today with lamda at 0.78! Quite nice, although more tweaking will come around.

i replaced the spring with the softer one, because vems only allows + offset rather than -, so its easier this way.
                    I have to tweak the early boost abit to see if i can get it in sooner, although its quite good already.
                    Nice and safe, no knocking heard, so.... more to do this weekend!

Comment

• a few more things done today, a lot to follow...

i've reached 2bar now and first PB results put it around 475hp(crank) with 575Nm torque on 4th geear pull.

i still get a boost drop with vems after 6700rpm, which i have to look into,but not a tremendous loss really.It holds 1.85there and can go higher with a bit of tweaking.

spent some time in cruising mode as well and accel enrichments, and im happy for now. Need to burn a few more tanks to make it right, and hopefully it should do fine.

i guess a bit better air filter and of course a ported head will reach the 500hp mark, but im not in a hurry anymore...so ill enjoy!

Comment

• i must say that the above run was actually about 1.95overboost and going to 1.8 after 6600rpm.Also it went to 0.75bar after 6800rpm.

i did some more tweaks as well as lifted the boost a bit at the end, however for some reason, it seems that as the engine gets warmer, the boost doesnt want to go higher anyway.Im not sure if it is valve or vems related. I didnt want to push for more boost unde those conditions as i know, once it gets cooler i will be getting more boost again.

When i look into JPs runs at 1.9bar they are not that different in a sense that i too have about 550Nm till 6000rpm, but i have about 580Nm earlier possibly due to the ADU cams.
                        However my Perfomance box excel sheet has a tendency of reducing the measurements towards the top end for some reason, possibly i have a mistake somewhere.Hence these figures are acceptable! I have put the WI in operation for some extra summer cooling.

Comment

• yesterday...

today...

15% transmition losses on both graphs and all airdrag/wheel drag has been added in. It looked like i had a bit of early knock on the yesterday run, boost profile didnt change much possibly 0.5bar at most.

These are 4th gear runs
                          Last edited by A80Avant; 15 May 2010, 22:10.

Comment

• The first graph shows a bit earlier torque built-up (3900 RPM and up) then the second (4500 RPM and up), although a bit lower HP numbers in the first one. I bet the first tune was a bit more drivable, or not?

Comment

• Correction to my previous post.

on that run i had revs going already, so it looked like that it starts later, but it doesnt. On the logs, all 4th gear pulls that are done from low revs, i have full boost from 3800-3900rpm so it just happened to get a good graph from that run.
                              Last edited by A80Avant; 16 May 2010, 08:31.

Comment

• How do you detect knock now? With Marc's laptop tool?

Comment

Working...
                                X