• Planning ahead.. just found out the price for a clutch kit

Marc is a saviour as always:thumbup:

Comment

• U living in Manchester now. Let me know when ur next about

Comment

• There is a chance from August job depended. Will definitely talk

Comment

• Verdict.
          Slave and master cylinder where shot. Car is gearing again!!

Comment

• Changed plugs today after some misfires I had above 0.5bar.

Plug on cylinder 5 was loose and as you can see cooking.
            Attached Files

Comment

• And now also changed the lead of that plug as it could be also causing issues. I had a mild misfire again which stopped as soon as I connected the laptop to log. How typical.

Anyway the parts buildup has already began for a summer fun job at Mansfield.

Belts, clutch bearing, steering noise investigation, oils and filters, some trimming touch ups, carbon engine trims, all things that need doing for quite some time.

Comment

• Fun jobs for you or Brian?
                Did you got for a southbend clutch off Marc?
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                  Changed plugs today after some misfires I had above 0.5bar.Plug on cylinder 5 was loose and as you can see cooking.
                  Sorry I missed this before but I would say that you need to change your cam cover gasket, especially the part that seals the spark plug tubes in the cam cover to the head. Based on your photo, your's is leaking significantly on at least 3 cylinders.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    Sorry I missed this before but I would say that you need to change your cam cover gasket, especially the part that seals the spark plug tubes in the cam cover to the head. Based on your photo, your's is leaking significantly on at least 3 cylinders.

Yes that is also planned. That gasket has been in and out a couple of times and lost its ability to seal I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Fun jobs for you or Brian?
                      Did you got for a southbend clutch off Marc?
                      I did. Now a spare as the 2 cylinders where at fault. I will be changing the bearing to the metal one you found.

Also the water pump is going to be a mix of aby and ADU bearing.

Our power steering pump will be replaced as it's making noises and the bracket needs redoing. Problems of significant modifications.

Comment

• the oiling from the leaky gasket is also hard on the plug wires / coils. it means they have a possible alternate path to arc out. it also softens the rubber on the wire tips.
                        Marc Swanson
                        Proprietor, EFI Express
                        95.5 //S6 Avant
                        90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                        93' //S4
                        83' UrQ
                        97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

• Point taken!

I will be cleaning up all the catch tank system as well as I haven't done so for a while

Comment

• The yellow deposit at the bottom of the ceramic could indicate that it's parted company with the body and is allowing combustion gas's past.

Change to NGK's, no more plugs coming loose and ceramics failing
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                              The yellow deposit at the bottom of the ceramic could indicate that it's parted company with the body and is allowing combustion gas's past.

Change to NGK's, no more plugs coming loose and ceramics failing
                              It looked more like burnt oil to me at the time.

Followed marc's advice and will be fitting bosch DRC

Comment

• I drove my mother's lexus hybrid suv for a couple of weeks and only once I have been in the rs2 I can tell how quick and light it feels!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X