• Wheels look great, but they'd look better with colour centre caps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Porsche-...item2c6dc8d9cf

Who got the job of tapping them??
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Funnily enough I just ordered a set. Apparently mine used to be colored once upon a time...

Brian had the honor of doing that!

Comment

• The centre caps on Vas's are very rare as they say Ingolstadt instead of Stuttgart.

The wheels now use nuts and bolts instead of the little plastic push in inserts.

I didn't thread them as the holes were already too large for special M7's
        And did not want to drill out and tap to M8's

Excuse the Vaseline under the heads. I packed the holes around the bolt to seal them a little

Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• Yea and I cleaned away all the vaseline off the wheels this morning

Comment

• These will go on soon

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              These will go on soon

Same as mine, they look great !
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Today I fitted the above caps but didn't take any photos.

I also had 2 magnesium wheel nuts which I replaced with cheaper alloy ones that I had as the original ones cost 9£ each!:what:

I also ordered another 10 to replace more of what the salt has already started to corrode.

On the suspension front, we managed to get the rear sorted and after testing 3 different sets for the front we realised that we will not get away with building a set of progressive barrel shaped spring to accommodate most roads and setups.

So we are in the process of getting something done so watch this space.

Comment

• Looks better now

Comment

• Very nice the wheels do add to the look of the car. I will no dout see you out and about in due course. Atb Gary

Comment

• But you can see you don't have the same attention to detail.

As before you took your car you may or may not have noticed that the tip of the porsche logo pointed towards your tyre valve
                      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• As they say up her in the north...

Its no botha!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
                          But you can see you don't have the same attention to detail.

As before you took your car you may or may not have noticed that the tip of the porsche logo pointed towards your tyre valve
                          OCD??...

Comment

Looks better now

Now you need to give your wheel nuts a lick of black paint, they're letting the side down
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                              Now you need to give your wheel nuts a lick of black paint, they're letting the side down
                              Instead some of those where really bad so I bought 10 new ones to replace the ones that are passed their age.

By the way Tonks has to take the wheels off and on about a dozen times more as I think he wants to learn how to do that properly. So not worth repainting the rest just yet!

Comment

By the way Tonks has to take the wheels off and on about a dozen times more as I think he wants to learn how to do that properly. So not worth repainting the rest just yet!
                                I was thinking of just taking the plasma cutter to the wings so access to the springs is easier! :Na:
                                Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X