Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes indeed!
    I never had any issues with the oem rods though and to have that expense every 5 years or so which they had taken before I don't mind.

Today a Renault megane sport tried to be smart... part throttle on an uphill and 5th gear with a passenger was enough!

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• Some quick tests from today showed slight reduction in lag but mainly the way the mid range boost comes in rather than the absolute overboost, and which number I got at around 6400rpm was 406whp vs 393whp which was the best achieved with the turbo dynamics wheel setup.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome as it has made the car more happy and driveable on lower revs and it wakes up quicker. I have gone away from final numbers in hp but its good to know it hasn't lost anything!

Would the gtx 3576 have given more hp even? I doubt it would have made a huge difference with the 0.63ar anyway so I'm glad I didn't pay the extra bits to get it.

Now to enjoy the new toy!

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• congrats Vas,very nice to see you happy for..... 5 months?¿
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• I'm always happy when things are working out! When not I just want to push that thing into the sea

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• Looking at the graphs and logs again I noticed that the car was making more boost between 5200-6500 without any gains as the timing there is fairly low for safety reasons. So boost is now reduced back to 1.9bar and closer to the previous setup.

Nice thing with this one is that I can get basically 0.5bar by 2900rpm on 3d and 1bar by 3480rpm. Even by .5 bar the car feels very agile and that is the main difference with the previous wheel. I'm not enjoying the benefits of a large hotside and more power but definitely enjoying the fact that I can reach almost 500hp(more by some standards) and have the spool/lag of an rs2 turbo on map more or less!

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• I managed to make another run today. Slightly less boost and more timing. But overall minimal differences.

Here is the result. Red/blue are the latest setup. The dotted are the previous before any Turbo bearing wear.

i need to fool around a bit more with the 6300-6500 area as thats where the 0.63ar chocks, but i think a few ponnies can be made there more.
              Last edited by A80Avant; 8 December 2012, 17:20.

Comment

• Would a larger wastgate help the issue with it choking above 6500rpm?
                Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• no. A larger hotside will allow more than 400whp, which is more than 500hp crank, but at cost of lag.

Comment

• I know a larger hot side will allow more air to leave the head and give more lag.

But unless I am being thick it's a case that the turbo will max but why does it tail off further up the rev range?

Is there no way that once the turbo has got to its peak you can open the wastegate to release the exhaust gasses that are choking the hot side to allow the turbo to produce its optimum to the end of revs?
                    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• It drops because the boost drops after 6400rpm. Everytime I had used more boost on this setup towards the end of the rev range then the only thing I got was high EGT and no power. If the wastegate releases the gasses the boos will drop as well. I have a given backpressure and for this setup all it needs is a bigger hotside to allow more boost to run and the compressor wheel to its Max.

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• someone is driving off with my car ....

Last edited by A80Avant; 12 January 2013, 17:16.

Comment

• sold it?
                          Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• sell it??? NEVER!!!!

Comment

• Now that is lovely .

How do stock rods hold up then?
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Is it off to Huthwaite??
                                sigpic
                                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4