Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in l/100 is about 8l/100kms

compression may be close to 9.3:1 as the head was skimmed quite a lot and i use original pistons now.

Its amazing, however once on the dyno, ill look for the best torque vs the cheapest to run and perhaps use the second map for economy as i originally planned, perhaps running normal octane not 98 octane fuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      in l/100 is about 8l/100kms

compression may be close to 9.3:1 as the head was skimmed quite a lot and i use original pistons now.

Its amazing, however once on the dyno, ill look for the best torque vs the cheapest to run and perhaps use the second map for economy as i originally planned, perhaps running normal octane not 98 octane fuel.
      8l / 100 kms sounds very good with a heavy Rs2 !

This is in 6th gear and 100km/h ?
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Nope, its mixed city driving and motorway

and yes it is heavy! around 1750-1800 measured with me and my wife!

although i have lost 5kg already, so maybe it is just that!

sent using Android
        Last edited by A80Avant; 16 October 2011, 11:16.

Comment

• I knew it was too good to be true!

damn those apps, even though you are sure you corrected everything, they still do their own thing!

its around 22mpg.

after giving it a bit more thought, it was no way this car would run in the same amount of consumption as an automatic yaris!!! hahaha

sorry for the misjudgement guys!

Comment

• that's more like it
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Oh God... what a nightmare....

i saw today that i was covered in mineral green fluid all over and i was drowning in it....

hang on.. that wasnt much far from the truth!!!

Damn those power steering stuff... i trully HATE them now!

Anyway, before i even begin, a big thanks to Brian and AndyP for their trully huge efforts to get the car in one piece and working yesterday...

What began as a search for a few oil leaks, ended up as a hole day saga in getting things sorted.

We discovered 2 leaks, one from the camshaft seal (thanks Victor Reinz for your worthless parts....) which was sorted nicely with OEM seal + silicone paste.
              Second leak seemed to be coming from the bottom X seal of the power steering pump which had been converted to a single vane pump. Apparently though it seemed to be also leaking from the front pulley. So that was replaced with my old pump which we converted and used loctite on the blockade seals.

So being happy with all that, car clean, we replaced the oil pressure sender and switch, powered up the car and hey.... What the hell is this huge noise coming from the pump again???? 3times louder than before!!! damn!!!

SO pump off again, and thank god Brian had a few used pumps to convert again and retry.. however we also managed to find a single vane pump 050145155A which Brian made brackets for and we managed to fit it instead. Thankfully that worked and we also managed to get rid of any leaks as well.!!!

Good job, good food (thanks to x2 Marys) and everyone was happy at the end of the day..

So as an add on to the vaccum servo conversion, id add that the 3b hose part number for LHD cars is: 893422893AE and the single vane pump that would work is the one above but needs a bracket modification to fit. Pulley that can be used is the same from the ABY/ADU/3b engines
              Last edited by A80Avant; 23 October 2011, 18:08.

Comment

• And after a quick check no leaks so far!!!! yeah!

tightened the Power steering belt slightly more and seems better.

On for the scheduled mapping then in 3 weeks....

Comment

• Thank god for that!!! Thanks for all the food again! Glad the Mary's could keep each other entertained all day!

Meant to ask how much difference in the displayed oil pressure now?
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

• All the way to 2 bar on idle now and up to 5 on higher revs. Absolutely perfect. Id say i gained about 0.5bar in all scales, so proves that these little things need replacing at some point.
                    warm idle with fan kicking in, no less than 1.8-1.9bar.

sent using Android
                    Last edited by A80Avant; 24 October 2011, 08:01.

Comment

• I'll second the commet about food ( Thanks Mary's ) keep feeding like that and I'll work all day any time
                      sigpic
                      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Hmmm... I have a few things in mind for the next task! You will not be disappointed.

sent using Android

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                          Hmmm... I have a few things in mind for the next task! You will not be disappointed.

sent using Android
                          Cool! We could invite Bazburn to come down and bring some flapjack for a mid-morning snack
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Funny you should mention that, we might be doing a double team next time as he may need his cyl head modifying so... Good stuff!

sent using Android

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                              Cool! We could invite Bazburn to come down and bring some flapjack for a mid-morning snack
                              Its nice to feel wanted...

Comment

• With cakes its even better!

Comment

Working...
                                X