No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, after the rear windscreen decided to not work especially while pouring down with rain, the idle also decided to raise to 2000rpm continuously until I got home after a quick drive. Unfortunately there was traffic and it was quite embarrasing.

Anyway, long story short, sorted the windscreen, and replaced the idle valve finally after many years. At the same time I re-calibrated the TPS as for some reason it showed that it was off. Everything working as it should now.
    Last edited by A80Avant; 19 May 2013, 06:53.

Comment

• The joy of running a 20 year old car

Comment

• Well will be fitting these custom made on Saturday and report back. I hope the Guinea pig tests are over this time...
        Attached Files

Comment

• ook rather short, what's the free length? What is the expected drop and rate?
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Free length is 9.5 inches. Original is 11.5-12

However original was measured at 187lb/mm2 whereas these are 230lbs. And they have a top and bottom of 2.5inches flat faced to fit the height adjustment coilover setup we have done.

From my calculations it should allow a drop of up to 30mm hopefully with the ability to keep the original height as well

Comment

• Results:

Front springs are an absolute delight. No more crashing no more banging and they work very nicely with the Bilstein shocks. I'm not sure though if anything stiffer would be ideal for the Bilstein shock combo.

The car sits as you can see in the photo. Unfortunately Thats the lowest for now and I do expect them to sit a bit lower as well but my next order will be 9 inch instead of 9.5 to allow for more adjustment.

On another note I found the cruise control stalk from the german ebay for 130 euros new and fitted it and my cruise control now works perfectly as well.

Overall pretty pleased.

We will be making a new order at Faulkner for more springs for other members now that they have the means to. So anyone interested let me know as they can do various combinations

It was a nice turnaround yesterday at Tonks. Maybe we should make it more often perhaps with a barbeque in place while we watch Brian at work!!!!

I have some revealing photos of Brian fondling with my car but I'm keeping them for future blackmail!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by A80Avant; 3 June 2013, 07:57.

Comment

• Now time for new tyres.
                I was going to do that after the summer but a good deal on Michelin PS3 has come up and I cannot resist. My 2 front ones are fairly worn now and the contis have lasted quite a bit I must say. I could change the 2 fronts only but I'm not that fussed.

Going to go back to 225 as the 245 though nice in looks are getting too expensive when it comes to buying a premium brand.

Comment

• If you end up with any decent part worn Conti SC3s Vas I will take those off you if that helps? I have a small collection of 245/35s
                  Ride height looks perfect to me, glad you have finally got what you wanted out of the suspension
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    glad you have finally got what you wanted out of the suspension
                    So is Brian
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Yes the 2 rear ones are fine-ish ill take a photo of them. I don't know about shipping costs though. How much are you willing to pay?

Comment

• Someone's wife is not going to be very happy...

It does seem to have quite a nice big lip. Hopefully it will cover the 8inch wheels ok.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• that´s nice

pilot super sport?
                          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• I have PS2's on mine, they're great
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• PS3 now. Hopefully they will do the trick. I always avoided them because they were pricey and easily worn. But now I see they are not bad + on sale on camskill

Comment

• theres a great deal on michelins at costco at the moment , £50 off 4 tyres , and costco sell michelins cheap and i mean unbelievably cheap!
                                NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                                X