No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you plan to replace the pump you might first try to put the flange back in place and then be welded to the axle at the front
    You have nothing to lose
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
      Pistons removed? from under the crossed bolts?
      Anyhow...is true that is no reason why the new pump will not work...
      I am sure that the pulley support became loose and spin from the shaft....is hot pressed on the shaft...
      Goodluck!!
      From looking at it the pulley is still nicely bolted on. All three screws are there and tight. It is the actual shaft that has come out of the pump. If you look at the photo above there is no shaft seen on the replacement pump but on the on the car you can see about 1 cm of the shaft sticking out

Comment

• you've already checked that the shaft is equally far from the flange at both pumps? if you think that the shaft comes out of the pump, the distance from flange to shaft looking at the front must be the same
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
          you've already checked that the shaft is equally far from the flange at both pumps? if you think that the shaft comes out of the pump, the distance from flange to shaft looking at the front must be the same
          The photo above shows that difference. I'll take one more shortly

Comment

• uploadfromtaptalk1400403590218.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400403599648.jpg

Malfunctioned pump. As you can see the front of the shaft is in place but the actual shaft has moved out of the pump body.

uploadfromtaptalk1400403654706.jpg new pump showing how it should be

Comment

• a new pump it is than
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

• You only need to make a simple spacer to fit the single stag pump to the twin stage mounting bracket. Compare the single stage and twin stage pump side by side, you will see the difference you need to make up.... or get the 10v mounting brackets.
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  You only need to make a simple spacer to fit the single stag pump to the twin stage mounting bracket. Compare the single stage and twin stage pump side by side, you will see the difference you need to make up.... or get the 10v mounting brackets.
                  That's what we did with Brian when he made the bracket that holds pump in place now. I think the pump at the time may have had a play already as it did whine from get go but it work. I suspect that the shaft was a bit out originally and now it just came out further.

Comment

• Using the original pump bracket and a spacer? I can't see how the pulley doesn't run true then unless the bracket is bent or the spacer is not parallel?
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Initially it looked parallel. The bracket is a vary small metal spacer looking like a Greek Π shape. It's nice and rustic now. Barely seen on one of the photos above

On post 797 photo attached you can see the top of it the 2 rusted metal bits pointing up

Comment

• I guess the belt tension distorted it. I made mine from ally plate, like this:

Maybe Brian can whip something up on his Bridgeport
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Definitely an improvement is needed

Comment

• Update.

By hand I was able to push the shaft back however it does go in and out when it shouldn't. Funnily enough power steering works when pushed back in however it comes out easily.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• This shows how misaligned the belt is. Ie the pump needs to sit slightly forward.

Comment

• In that case it sounds like the circlip I mentioned is not fitted or or damaged in some way:
                                Here is a pic I had on my phone of the vane drive in the pump - the inner end of the shaft and splines you can see in the middle. A circlip goes on to retain the shaft - the only way the shaft can move in & out is if the circlip is missing or damaged. HTH

Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X