X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much better.
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• squeek is staying though even though all bushes were resprayed with copper. I assume it may be just the spring itself, so ill live with it for now.

Comment

• much better Vas

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post

is that holy island in the background??...

we love it up there....bamburgh castle..Dunstanburgh Castle...

Comment

• yup!

and i had to wash it twice to get rid of all the sand as well!

now next project is to get the coil spring compressors and try some spring sleeves in the next following weeks, just to see if the squeeks go away!

Comment

• H&Rs do bind at rest so i bet it is them that are the problem. I was thinking of doing the same, where did you get the spring sleeves from Vas?
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Mine are not HR. They are original heat treated to become 15mm lower. Not sure they are binding or just squeaking as they stand.

The sleeves I bought from eBay. I'll post the link from home.

sent using Android

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1107844035...84.m1497.l2649

here you go!

Comment

• nice one
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• New Year's plans....

1) Must find where that oil leak is coming from. As i had the bumper removed, i noticed the sump being sweating with oil, and this time the cam cover was absolutely dry. The usual little area that seems to becoming wet on the top right corner of the block is still wet, and now all i can think of is the headgasket itself! I have retorqued the ARP head bolts to 65ftlbs, (or to the specified one i dont remember exchactly), and therefore im not sure what else i can do...

2) I am going to try and re-tighten the bolts on the sway bars, as the steering 'clunk' has come back. Last time, we modified the bearings that Bambridge supplies to eliminate the problem and now it seems that they may need to be checked again. Its more subtle and i know where it is coming from. Is it ok if i try and tighten them, or will i wreck them by doing so? Might be worth trying the uniballs that GT500 had given me a long time ago... Rob, do those make any funny noises in yours?

3) Fit the spring sleeves to see if they will make a difference. I got my spring compressors yesterday, so ill have to try them on!

4) Gear box bushings to be replaced

5) How can i check if the wheel bearings are going? I have a knocking-high frequency repeating noise, kind of one that could either come from the tyre as well, on the front left wheel, and only happens above 120km/h and wide right turns. All wheel bearings have been changed 1.5years ago and new ones have done about 20K kms.

6) Fit the safe injection and wire it to VEMS in order to utilise the 2 configs.

I am also trying some small adjustments in the map to see how it will work out, in the cruising area, and how it will behave and i get promicing results.

Happy new year!!!

Comment

• Damn coil compressors are too big for the rear springs. I tried lubricating the rear poly bush of the anti roll bar though and it seemed to reduce the noise slighlty, so im going to go at it with a ton of copper paste later!

Comment

• 2012.... poor parking skills!
                          Last edited by A80Avant; 8 January 2012, 20:08.

Comment

• Hmm...

i think i have found the source of the squeek at the rear. Looks like tyre rub close to where the arch meets the rear bumper. Interesting how it only rubs on the left hand side though...

Anyway, ill be swaping some shims from 5mm to 3mm to see if that cures it, but otherwise im looking at returning back to the small 225 tyres on next change, and or back to the original springs!

Comment

• Had a go trying to fix the rubbing on the rear left tyre. I used a 3mm shim but it still rubs. Looks like this us down to the only ever crash that the car had from the previous owner when a tree branch fell due to braking from the weight of the snow and fell on that wheel arch. I believe they may have gotten the arch angle a bit wrong and so it only rubs on that side.

Is there any easy way to bring that side out a bit?

sent using Android

Comment

• Slacken the subframe bolts and move it across a little, then off to 4 wheel alignment again
                                Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X