Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi rs2 1.9 tdi replica (can it be done!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi rs2 1.9 tdi replica (can it be done!)

Hi all, i'm new to this forum, i've been reading many of your progress on your project, very nice!...
    i'm a member on edition38 were i'm doing a project mk3 golf vr6 turbo know as knight_vr6t.
    http://www.edition38.com/forums/inde...ic=295652&st=0

I bought a audi 1.9 tdi yesterday from ebay as my daily driver, very happy with the car clean black paint work, only done 104,000 miles with full service history, the interior is not so good as she had a dogs and they chewed the boot carpet and hair every were, going to be cleaning it up this weekend.
    I've been looking at the rs2 audi and wont my car to be looking like that! i'm new to audi 80's so i'll need your help finding bits and bobs for my conversion, i'll be keeping my car for years to come so there is no time limit on this project as long it stays on the road.

26/08/10

i'll be posting up some pictures of my car soon as i know how and also how i wont my car to turn out when done.

ok guys this is my ride! pics not so good i'll take more later.

This is how i wont my car to look when done!

Last edited by Knight_vr6t; 22 September 2010, 15:41.

So it was you that bought this car. I viewed it on Sunday and was thinking of bidding on it but decided that with the amount that needs doing on it it would need to be cheaper than the chap was asking.

I would have looked at sourcing a complete black interior including dash rather than trying to clean the filthy beige velour and with it being rust free I'm sure it would have been a good project. I hope you'll keep this thread up to date so I can see how it turns out. You'll find plenty of info on here and Audifans on how to sort out the rather flat performance.

My search for a decent 80 or A6 TDi will go on but I hope this turns out to be a good buy for you.

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

If you mean can you just stick on a body kit and set of wheels and lower it a little or put on 1BE suspension then of course it can be done. The car you picture is all aftermarket bodywork anyway, I think Reiger.

If you're asking if you can quattro it, fit RS2 hubs, Porsche brakes and a complete RS2 interior then again, it can be done but you'd have to ask why.

Check out project sooty, it's a saloon and it's been S2'd but it's all fairly similar in scope.

If you want the RS2 cup 1 wheels then get some 5 stud hubs and replicas, they're not cheap but will look fairly close.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

hi david, so you the guy who he was talking about who came on sunday....(lol...) yeah it has nice body work shame about the interior, i'll give it a clean tomorrow, it seem like there is no boost on the turbo, i put an new airflow and an n75 valve and new vacum hoses no change... don't know what it is might be a turbo..
        seems like you have more experience on the audi model and you have seen the car what is your opinion on the overall car?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          The car you picture is all aftermarket bodywork anyway, I think Reiger.
          All OEM afaik Pixsaudisex2 be best to confirm

Comment

hi andy thanks for the reply, sorry mate i have the wheels porsche twist 17'' thats why i bought the car for the wheel, funny that people do it the other way round. would you guys know were to get the back reflector panel, the bumpers, grill, porsche mirrors? also would you guys know if the cabriolet projector lights are straight fit? i've been looking on ebay, audi fans, on the net... finding it hard finding bits any help will help thanks...

Comment

Trying to find the relivant RS2 bodywork bits is a nightmare due to rarity, and will cost you a fortune too!
              Personally I would say you would be better aiming for S2 looks

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                true, only thing that i've heard may not have been was the front bumper but either way it looks good, shame he's sold it (afaik)

and yes you can do stuff like this, mine was:

from this:

to this:

1.9tdi, cheap to run, cheap to mod, that car cost me hardly anything to mod/build.

Comment

nice car mate! looks the business, low... i love low cars.. i like the S model as they are wolf in sheep's clothing looks like a normal 80 with slight mod's, people who know the S cars knows what they all about (Power 300+ bhp) but the RS2 show's off and i love the porsche touch, its been a dream owning one some day until then i'll make one that looks like one and gives me 50+mpg! i'll probably win a 24hr le-mans agents an RS4 as it will need to stop every hour for refueling....lol.

Comment

Yeah that was a nice car, there's a long thread about it on audifans (titled - the chipfat express mark 2) and shows a lot that went into it, went well, used to hit and hold 1 bar and i've seen 130mph out of it loads of times which surprised me. Shame its now a rubix cube after I had an accident in it I just lost faith with it (and the ex ) so stripped off what I wanted and sold the rest on. If you want any info/help give me a shout, where abouts in the country are you?

Think i've got a rep rs2 bumper laying around somewhere.

Comment

thats not good news, so what you driving now? i'm based in leicester, 130mph... i cant get up to 60mph there's something wrong with it when you rev it it only goes up to 4500rpm i think the turbo is gone, is there a obd2 connector on these 80 tdi's? i'll be interested on the RS bumper send me a price and picture to me at zahirsattar@hotmail.com

Comment

hi guys just seen this grill on venom website made by JOM has any one used them are they any good? here's the link....
                        http://www.venommotorsport.com/produ...ry=Bodystyling

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          95 % oem.

Comment

Is the 5% the fibreglass repair from last jan?

Comment

hi guys just seen this grill on venom website made by JOM has any one used them are they any good? here's the link....
                              http://www.venommotorsport.com/produ...ry=Bodystyling

Comment

Working...
                              X