Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willg54
    replied
    I'm going to drop the servo line off later once its all cooled down and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for their help through this project, couldn't have done it without your help!

Going for a nice drive tomorrow but no other chances to drive it till next weekend. Upgrades won't be till winter, time to enjoy it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Well done Will
    Now enjoy driving a bit before you start pulling it apart again for upgrades

My money is still on the servo causing the brake pulsing

Enjoy the weekend dude

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    Whoop, and a bank holiday weekend to enjoy driving around in the S2

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    It passed! Still got the brake issue though....:screwy:

As its not pulling I think it must be a hydraulic problem. Time to start troubleshooting!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    I've got the abs working ok but the brakes still seem to slowly pulse under my foot when braking...going for a drive before the mot so hopefully they just need proberly bedding in. Atleast the mot brake test might narrow down the problem!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Exciting and nervous! My heads constantly thinking "did I do that right?" The shake down last week has given me some confidence in it. And that half a tank went down very quick! Boost is just so addictive....

Need to spend the day fiddling with ABS to make sure its working properly. Thinking back, I think it was kicking in pretty early but that could just be the 993calipers upfront now they're serviced, New pads and skimmed discs!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    We need awesome pics and videos

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    Nothing like that exciting feeling of 1st time driving your car after a long period
    That tank of fuel will be used in no time

Leave a comment:

• andy10v
    replied
    Woop! No sleep tonight then

Leave a comment:

• bikerjim
    replied
    Awesome Will. You'll be glad to get back in the hot seat!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    we're insured!!!

this time tomorrow, it could be fully road legal!

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Nice one, look's like you've done a really tidy job of just about everything, I dislike doing body work as well. Though it's amazing what imperfections you can flat out and polish with wet and dry followed by machine buffer. If it's just the lacquer that's run you should be able to sort it with time and care.

I'm about half way through preping my T4 van for paint down both sides and hating every minuite of it.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    I've got new! I've finally sat down with the "I've finished building it" beer It's looking great although a bit of body work still needs attention due to my talent running out with paint...

taking it to some private land tomorrow for a shakedown (which also has a time record down the driveway ) so hopefully tomorrow I'll have lots of pics and a video to show you all!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Mot booked for 1st June....its going to happen!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    i might just accept i cant paint and take it to a pro....its looking worse than ever

Leave a comment:

Working...
X