Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy10v
    replied
    Yeah having the proper gear will make a big difference.

I also thing its one of those jobs that doing it once in a while once you have finished you have just got the hang of it nicely, and should really start again

Main thing as you say is patience and prep, prep, prep.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by andy10v View Post
    Can you flat it back?

Paintwork requires a lot of patience Paint/bodywork are not my favourite thing to do.
    yea, i've already done it. bit of patience with 1200grit sorted it. It's starting to come together. 1 more coat of lacquer tomorrow all around then it's time for lots of rubbing and buffing.

Bodywork could be quite enjoyable if you're doing a complete car i think and have the right equipment. but doing the odd bit makes life much more complex

Leave a comment:

• andy10v
    replied
    Can you flat it back?

Paintwork requires a lot of patience Paint/bodywork are not my favourite thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    I think my talent runs out at painting bodywork...its haaaaard!!!

nearly got one but done but then the last lacquer coat ran...

Leave a comment:

• pixsaudisex2
    replied
    Originally posted by willg54 View Post
    Weird...I know they've got all new equipment so might have changed their game. The guy was a perfectionist. on the job for nearly 4 hours!

I'll be going back there for tyres...cheap(er) Yokohamas
    I imagine he was on holiday lol. if it wasnt for the fact i had my tools in the boot he wouldnt have got the bolts undone,.,

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
    Always got my tyres from them..

Sadly the day i went to get my allignment done they were hopeless.. ended up at chemix,
    Weird...I know they've got all new equipment so might have changed their game. The guy was a perfectionist. on the job for nearly 4 hours!

I'll be going back there for tyres...cheap(er) Yokohamas

Leave a comment:

• pixsaudisex2
    replied
    Originally posted by willg54 View Post
    All wheels are now pointing in a straight line!!

I went to Jefferies Tyres in Bromsgrove and I have to say it was a top place! They've got all new gear and the bloke doing it takes alot of pride in his work. He got the tracking spot on, and completely ignored the tolerances, got it absolutely perfect! Went on there twice to make sure its right after a mini test drive (which i enjoyed alot )

Brakes weren't much to enjoy...needs a good bedding in and the pedal was slightly pulsing under my foot!

as for the engine, it sounds amazing although i don't recall hearing the wastegate opening like i did before...hmmmmmm

On to painting the car till tomorrow night
    Always got my tyres from them..

Sadly the day i went to get my allignment done they were hopeless.. ended up at chemix,

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Glad its all back together Will and you have had a quick chance to enjoy it!!
    Brake pedal should smooth out once the system pressure is built up.
    I will need my alignment doing once mine is back on the road in a few weeks, might give those guys a try

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Looking cracking mate
    Shame about that bit of peeling laquer just above the tailpipe - odd that it looks just like the Nordschleife. Maybe get the paint shop to sort that out while it's in there?

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    All wheels are now pointing in a straight line!!

I went to Jefferies Tyres in Bromsgrove and I have to say it was a top place! They've got all new gear and the bloke doing it takes alot of pride in his work. He got the tracking spot on, and completely ignored the tolerances, got it absolutely perfect! Went on there twice to make sure its right after a mini test drive (which i enjoyed alot )

Brakes weren't much to enjoy...needs a good bedding in and the pedal was slightly pulsing under my foot!

as for the engine, it sounds amazing although i don't recall hearing the wastegate opening like i did before...hmmmmmm

On to painting the car till tomorrow night

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Looking cracking mate
    Shame about that bit of peeling laquer just above the tailpipe - odd that it looks just like the Nordschleife. Maybe get the paint shop to sort that out while it's in there?

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    It works!!

I think the clutch may need another bleed, bit springy when you take your foot off..hard to describe. But the 5metres I drove it felt good!

Throttle response is much better after putting o-clips on all the vacuum hoses. Hopefully that's sorted it!

I'll grab some pics and a vid after its had its first clean in over 15months!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Good work

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    brakes and clutch are now all working, think we're nearly there!!

tomorrow i'll try moving it under its own power for the first time in 15 months! Then its off for tracking and a trip to the body shop. we'll soon be back in action

Leave a comment:

Working...
X