Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willg54
    replied
    haha, looks like i'll be re-doing the entire lot on the back end!! not going to be so easy now the exhaust is in....*sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    it needs to be secured at the fitting mate

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    mot regs say solid lines must be "securely held and not free to vibrate." so yea...i think depending on your interpretation, it could be a fail. but the clip holding the line on is only about 1-2" inboard so very secure

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyP View Post
    What paint did you use on the calipers?
    they're powdercoated

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    AFAIK that is a MOT failure on the rear brake lines mate, I think the hardline must be secured at the end, or the movement of the hub/caliper with fatigue the hardline.
    i thought it could be, will have to double check. just means i'll have to order all 4 ss lines again dont think they'll be refundable

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Looking very nice and tidy there Will
    AFAIK that is a MOT failure on the rear brake lines mate, I think the hardline must be secured at the end, or the movement of the hub/caliper with fatigue the hardline.

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    What paint did you use on the calipers?

Leave a comment:

• Fat Audi 80
    replied
    It looks absolutely MINT under there!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Time for a bit of an update!!

rear calipers are all on i made a big error when ordering the braided lines and got the wrong fittings so I couldn't use the OEM routing but it's working out fine. Just cant bodge it on the front so will have to reorder new lines :bang: not happy!

now just need to get the fronts done and i'll be a drivable car!!!

Leave a comment:

• benntenn67
    replied
    Thats good to know ..... Noah & the whale are playing at the Manchester Apollo

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    who said rebuilding rear calipers was hard?!

The tool i made, made the job a doddle Just need some brake fluid before I put the pistons back in!

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    Well seeing as the van uis a 2.5tdi I was wondering if you would be able to check on something under the front for me??? Its a wire on the plugs for the injector sensor. Would inivolve getting underneath the van and taking off the belly pan if you wouldnt mind??? If not no worries.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by DRGV6 View Post
    Mother had another misshap with honda today,just got back from impact repair about back end, when angela backed in to front of honda with her merc.No body hurt ,but radiator is bowed.........
    glad no one is hurt! but the only good thing for that now is the scrap yard!!

Leave a comment:

• DRGV6
    replied
    Bump

Mother had another misshap with honda today,just got back from impact repair about back end, when angela backed in to front of honda with her merc.No body hurt ,but radiator is bowed.........

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Haha cheers dad! I was thinking of the passat!

V6 is nice...although it was far too cold with the roof down today! It won't be down on my drive home now...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X